Wyrmbyte announced today their upcoming Shooter RPG, Ashes of Oahu. Formerly known as Nightmarchers, and is scheduled for a Spring 2019 release. Since the original announcement, Wyrmbyte has worked hard to revamp the game to provide a faithful, but respectful Hawaiian experience. Ashes of Oahu is an open world, story-driven shooter where you work with or against the surviving factions of a post-apocalypse Hawaii.
When the game launches in the Spring of 2019, players will find a completely retooled art style that is more akin to a 3D comic book that better represents the fictional nature of the story. Additionally, the world has become more dense and compact, while still remaining massive at roughly 25 square kilometers in size. More content, more weapons, more stories to experience. Plus, the team has been hard at work on all-new character models and many other graphical improvements. Ashes of Oahu also features over 75,000 lines of dialog with over 100 possible ending combinations, to create a unique ending each time someone reaches the end. There are also over 50 different skill and weapon enhancements based on decisions made in the game.
“Ashes of Oahu tells the fictitious story of a Native Hawaiian Kai, as he fights to regain control of Oahu working with or against the different factions on the island.”, said Scott Brown, CEO of Wyrmbyte and Producer on Ashes of Oahu. “Our team of less than ten put together this epic Hawaiian adventure, and we’re ecstatic to finally be this close to letting you all experience the tale.”
Some of the new and updated features of Ashes of Oahu include:
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 75,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii