Assetto Corsa Competizione is the official Blancpain GT series, developed by KUNOS Simulazioni and published by 505Games, and it has left Early Access today. Version 1.0 is available on Steam for 44.99 and has a 10% discount for a limited time. Virtual drivers can take the wheel in a simulation of the Blancpain GT Series, tkaing the wheel of some of the games featured luxury motorcars. These include Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins, or choose from a number of other prestigious GT racing cars, all replicated with an outstanding level of detail.
“Never take anything for granted, even if you have the Assetto Corsa experience behind you! Assetto Corsa Competizione has been completely rebuilt from scratch, not only to best harness and adapt to the Unreal Engine 4 capabilities, but also to define a new standard in terms of realism and car handling,” said Maro Massarutto, co-founder and brand & product manager of Kunos Simulazioni. “The opportunity of working with SRO GT Series has allowed us to furtherly extend our know-how and our specialization in responding to players’ needs, as well as those of real drivers. Reaching the finish line was not easy, but it certainly was exciting and satisfying, also thanks to the support of our incredible community, which once again understood and grasped the spirit and value of the Early Access program at its best. But our challenge is yet to be finished: even after the release of version 1.0, we will continue to work on expanding and improving Assetto Corsa Competizione to the best of our abilities”.
Features of 1.0 Assetto Corsa Competizione:
- MULTIPLAYER AND SINGLEPLAYER MODES: Assetto Corsa Competizione will have an advanced ranking system which evaluates both individual performance and driving behavior, rewarding the most virtuous drivers and promoting fair play in online competitions. Thanks to an efficient matchmaking feature that evaluates and ranks players based on their driving skills and fair play, multiplayer matches will be both thrilling and well-balanced. Career, Championship and Free Play modes will offer a complete and customizable gaming experience, suitable for players of every skill level
- CHAMPIONSHIP AND CAREER MODES: Assetto Corsa Competizione includes a brand-new Career Mode designed in collaboration with Lamborghini Squadra Corse and official driver Mirko Bortolotti – Blancpain GT Series champion 2017 – who will introduce players to the first driving tests, giving them precious suggestions to start their adventure in the Blancpain GT Series. This mode allows users to create their own racing team to take on all driving tests and racing weekends with an astonishing level of realism and with the main objective of any professional driver: to win. Championship mode allows to virtually reproduce the Blancpain GT Series Season in the shoes of one of the official drivers.
- REALISTIC WEATHER CONDITIONS: Assetto Corsa Competizione includes competitions of different lenghts – from Sprint 60’ races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race – which give to players the chance to experience variable weather conditions during the whole race, influencing the track’s visibility and car handling. The possibility to set different weather conditions help to create races that are always different, with outcomes that are never given for granted.
- THE MOST ACCURATE CIRCUITS: Thanks to LaserScan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the utmost accuracy: All curbs and details perfectly replicate their real counterparts, granting a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible.
- ADVANCED VISUAL AND AUDIO EFFECTS: Unreal Engine 4 grants photorealistic rendering and an accurate representation of scenarios, car materials and weather conditions. Thanks to the multi-channel audio sampling of real GT cars, the game conveys captivating and immersive acoustic surroundings and realistic environmental effects.