AVICII Invector is coming to life as a celebration of the Swedish DJ’s life, and news of the upcoming launch of the game is on the heels of the announcement for the “Avicii Tribute Concert”. This will be held in Stockholm, on December 5th, 2019. This show will feature Rita Ora, Kygo, David Duetta and more, to honor the late musician.
Avicii was a life-long gamer and spent two years working on this game, which will celebrate his music, and offer a new take on rhythm gaming. Set against a backdrop of 25 of his biggest hits, Invector lets players fly solo or recreate the party feeling of an Avicii concert with local split-screen racing. Players can join space pilot Stella on her journey from one stunning world to the next, mastering moves as they race through gorgeous landscapes while hitting the notes with three difficulties to master.
The team at Wired Productions and Hello There Games are consummate music fans and aim to make an impact with its efforts. Portions of the game royalties will go directly to The Tim Bergling Foundation, which advocates for the recognition of suicide as a global health emergency and promotes removing the stigma attached to the discussion of mental health issues. More details will be available for this game in the coming months, but it will launch on the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PC.
“AVICII Invector celebrates Avicii’s life and music by immersing players inside the pulsing rhythms, evocative lyrics, and beautiful melodies he created,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director of Wired Productions. “He was an amazing talent, and as an advocate for mental health, I hope and believe this project will bring Tim Bergling’s wonderful spirit to a world that can benefit from it.”
- Experience Avicii’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch, and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level.
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action.
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting