The highly-acclaimed Battle Princess Madelyn has officially confirmed that it will release this fall. The actual release date is set to be named very shortly, but the game is almost here. Battle Princess Madelyn follows the tale of a young knight in training, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. Set in the “Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts” and “Wonder Boy 3” style of gameplay, she must set out to save her kingdom and family from an evil wizard. The difficulty self-adjusts so that even a beginner can get into the game and enjoy it. Graveyards, castles, swamps, and more will be traveled, as Madelyn does battle with the forces of the evil wizard.
“From its initial concept days, right through the successful Kickstarter campaign which reached over $212,665 CAD, until its imminent release, Battle Princess Madelyn has developed and grown from inspiration from feedback from my daughter, who inspired the original idea, gamers and ideals from the very best of classic retro games fused with modern presentation complete with gameplay and fun. I believe all our goals have been achieved with much much more added ingredients, features and elements that will have gamers engaged in a game that has been crafted with real planning, dedication and, a lot of love.”, Christopher Obritsch – Causal Bit Games.
- Amazingly detailed hand-drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of gameplay: Arcade which is fast-paced old-school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages – some of which branch!
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.