Koji Igarashi’s vision of gothic-horror sidescrolling is coming to life in June 2019 as Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night comes to PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam and GOG). June 18th is the big day for those consoles, with a June 25th release for the Switch as well. 18th century England is the setting, where a horrific force has summoned a demon-infested castle. This also reveals crystal shards that are infused with tremendous power. Miriam, the main character is cursed with a body that is slowly crystalizing. She has to save humanity and herself, by fighting through this castle, and defeat Gebel the summoner once and for all. Today’s video shows off the advancements the game has made in the last year, as well as some new graphics, lighting, and music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night).
· IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
· VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
· HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
· ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
· IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
· MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.