Blue Isle Studios, in partnership with Virtual Basement, announced a competitive sports game today, Broomstick League, coming soon to Steam’s Early Access program. In Broomstick League, players take to the sky to compete against other would-be wizards from around the world in a fast-paced, high flying, trick shot scoring, all-out battle for supremacy of the skies. A hands-on version will be available at TwitchCon, September 27th-29th.
Players will divide into teams and zoom across arenas on their broomsticks, to grab a magical orb. The goal is to outmaneuver the other players and score. Using their broomstick and wand, players will hone their skills and use magic to dodge, defend, and make incredible plays.
Broomstick League Features:
- Fast-Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 with friends or matchmake online with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams to see who will dominate the flying arena!
- Reflexive and Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive-bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage!
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with a deep pool of creative options. Unlock new broomsticks, wands, and perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena!
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within fantastical arenas brimming with magic! Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of massive flying creatures.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stat tracking and player leveling system to prove you are the most spellbinding broomstick pilot in the land!