DAYMARE: 1998 will arrive on PC this summer, but today we get a sneak preview of the story and learn a little more about what H.A.D.E.S. is. The Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search reports directly to the DoD (Dept. of Defense) and deals with the most delicate of incidents. Agent Liev is a former Spetznaz who left Russia for greener pastures and now lives the American dream as a member of H.A.D.E.S., but a routine security breach may be far more than it seems.
DAYMARE: 1998 is an upcoming third-person survival horror, that also features hardcore survival mechanics and enemies that are sincerely hard-to-kill. It will require a tactical approach to combat, and offers a multi-character point of view to the story, unveiling deep and obscure lore. Backtracking, ammo conservation, environmental puzzles and much more await players in this daymare.
DAYMARE: 1998 MAIN FEATURES:
- Multi-character POV – see the story from different angles and discover the truth;
- Fearsome enemies – rendered in detail with lifelike animations and dismemberment;
- Realistic HUD – check inventory, health and position on a given piece of equipment;
- Environmental puzzles – finding your way around is not always easy, so look for clues;
- Classic mechanics – limited ammo and save points, backtracking, collectibles, tough enemies and more;
- Modern graphics and effects – not everything is old-school, thanks to Unreal Engine 4;
- Experience the 90s – the game is a homage to the era, with tons of references.