Descent is reborn, with its classic six-degrees-of-freedom action created for a new generation using Unreal Engine 4. 20 different ships and lots of customization await. Earth is starving, and the survival of mankind depends on water and minerals from deep space. It’s time to do your part. Starting today, players can pre-order Descent, which is slated to arrive in early 2019. Little Orbit is also honoring the spirit of open-development from the original reboot project by inviting early supporters to a special PC beta starting in November. These players will help polish the final release.
“This has been more than a 3 year journey for the Kickstarter backers, Early Access players, and fans who all made this game possible. We are excited to begin rolling out the Descent® beta for players later this year,” said Matthew Scott, CEO of Little Orbit. “With Descent®, we are reimagining a classic franchise, while still staying true to the core gameplay that made it one of the most popular games of the 90s.”
Pre-order benefits include:
- PC Beta starting last this year
- A custom version of the Generation III “Viola” ship w/ exclusive paint job
- Special PC Beta challenges to unlock exclusive pre-season cosmetic rewards
- Multipass upgrade for multiplayer seasons 1 & 2 with additional gameplay challenges
- “Secret Missions” DLC with additional single-player missions, landing later in 2019!