Endless Space 2‘s next DLC is “Awakening”, which unveils the Major Faction, the Nakalim, which will be playable. It also adds the Academy Empire, and the ability to interact directly with Isyander. Let’s peek at the prologue today.
The Nakalim differ from other factions, in that they start off very technologically advanced, as opposed to needing to grow and expand right off the bat. They are a faction that has been awaked from a dormant state.
Awakening Expansion Content:
- Nakalim – The aforementioned new playable faction has a large technology head start, balanced by weak science per turn. They depend on discovering lost Relics to learn new technologies. Their relationship with the Academy allows them to gain control over other systems through the Influence of their temples.
- Four new Heroes – The Nakalim are explorers, warriors, and believers. Use these heroes to master exploration and for developing systems and diplomatic influence.
- New fleet – Re-discover and take control of your ancient territories with heavily defended exploration-oriented fleets.
- Minor Faction – Xirmisala – Dust-sensitive philosophers whose skills were defined by the community via a Games2Gether vote.
- Academy empire – The Academy has always been the training ground for Endless Space’s legendary heroes. In “Awakening”, the Academy becomes an empire with the ability to manage star systems, fleets, and colonize new worlds. Contribute to their expansion, and you will be duly rewarded with special Academy roles that will give you special powers and bonuses, as well as access to the Academy’s own fleet of impressive ships.