The first Endless Space 2 Expansion re-introduces players to the Vaulters, which is a popular fan in the Endless franchise. The planned release date is January 25th. Fun fact: In Dungeon of the Endless, you play the crew that ultimately become the Vaulters in Endless Legend. A new civilization means a new way to play, the Vaulters will have the ability to teleport and use the Argosy – their legacy super colonizer ship featured in the Prologue video. They will also feature their own heroes, (such as the famous Opbot), new technologies, buildings, and the special node, “Sisters of Mercy” minor civilization that they brought from Auriga. The Expansion will also feature new exotic combat modules like boarding and taking control of ships, as well as the Pirate Diplomacy gameplay enabling negotiations with their leader. The expansion can be pre-ordered for 10% off on Steam now.
There was also a community challenge back in November, which unlocked all of the stretch goals possible. This free add-on is available on the Games2Gether platform, and is loaded with content:
- New planetary anomaly: the “High Energy Plasmasphere“.
- New galaxy type: the 6-branches spiral.
- New event: handle a new immigration crisis. Do you have what it takes to save the Remnant refugees?
- New ship modules: the powerful Swarm Missiles, Railguns and Energy Squadrons!
- New hero: Burra Techseeker, an amphibian famed as an exotic ship module inventor.
- Mezari fleet skin: a blast from the past! The ancestral Mezari fleet skin for the United Empire civilization!