Square Enix brought the Final Fantasy VII Remake information and footage to E3 2019, showcasing an in-depth gameplay feature, and information on the special editions, ahead of next year’s release. The Final Fantasy VII Remake is a reimagining of the classic RPG, and the first part of it will feature a fully standalone experience in the city of Midgard, that will provide a perfect starting point to the series. Final Fantasy VII Remake will also have a hybrid battle system, combining the ATB system with real-time combat to create strategic, fascinating battles.
The Deluxe Edition, available to pre-order now, contains a hardback art book featuring stunning concept art, a Mini-Soundtrack CD, Summon Materia DLC allowing players to summon Cactuar in game, and a Sephiroth SteelBook® Case. The Digital Deluxe Edition contains a digital art book, a digital Mini-Soundtrack, and Summon Materia DLC allowing players to summon Carbuncle and Cactuar in game. Final Fantasy VII Remake will be available first on the Playstation 4 on March 3rd, 2020, with an English, Japanese, French and German voiceover, and English, French, LatAm Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German and Spanish subtitles.
The “1st Class Edition” includes all Deluxe Edition content, the Carbuncle Summon Materia DLC, as well as a Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife and Hardy Daytona box set (bundled separately), which is available to pre-order in limited quantities from the SQUARE ENIX Store.
In addition, details of the game’s voice cast were unveiled, including:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin