Creepy Jar announced today that their upcoming Amazon-based survival game, Green Hell will be launching into its 1.0 full release in September 2019. On September 5th, 2019, the Steam Early Access will end, and with it will come the Story Mode, where players do more than simply survive – they embark on a desperate mission to save their lost love, Mia.
Releasing into Early Access in August of 2018, Green Hell comes full circle just over one year later as it launches into version 1.0. Expanding with regular updates fueled by both the studio’s own internal creativity and based on feedback from the game’s active community, Green Hell has seen a lot of changes in that time. From an expanded map to new camp options and the addition of various plants, animals, and tribal enemies, the Amazon rainforest of Green Hell is more dangerous than ever. Creepy Jar also gave a list of content coming in the 1.0 Update, which is listed below.
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore.
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- Custom Game Settings — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.