Green Hell began Early Access in August 2018, and Creepy Jar is preparing to launch 1.0 for Green Hell on September 5th, 2019. With that in mind, they take a look back at the updates they’ve released so far, and a brief teaser on what’s in store for the Story Mode, in today’s trailer. Four massive updates have hit the game so far, with the Story Update soon to come. They have a bit of insight on what each update entailed, in case you missed them.
Green Hell Updates:
- ANIMAL UPDATE – OCT. 10, 2018 – New animals, plants and herbs, camp constructions, and modular shelters highlighted the first big update on the Green Hell road map.
- WATER UPDATE – DEC. 6, 2018 – Green Hell invited players to go swimming with the fishes in the second update which not only saw the addition of even more animals, traps, and gameplay mechanics but also saw the game’s first entirely new map area.
- COMBAT UPDATE – FEB. 6, 2019 – The most dangerous update on the road map saw new human enemies join the fray, but Creepy Jar wasn’t about to leave players defenseless. Also added to the game in this update were new weapons, an armor crafting system, and even more ways to trap your enemies.
- MUD UPDATE – APR 1, 2019 – The final update before the push to 1.0 saw the addition of mud-based structures to the game. Players were now able to fit their camp with a number of useful constructions and also saw new weapons, armor, and even a hygiene system.
- STORY MODE – SEPT 5, 2019 – Saving the best for last, the 1.0 release adds the much-hyped Story Mode to the game. Players will be pushed to the brink of their own sanity as they take on a dangerous rescue mission in an effort to find their lost love, Mia. Also coming in this update are another huge map expansion, more new animals and plants including the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, and new graphics and difficulty options.