Green Hell saw a number of improvements over its time in Early Access, but now the 10 update is live, and with it comes the Story Mode. One of the most anticipated features, players will test more than mere survival skills, as they embark on a desperate mission in the Amazon rainforest. There are a wealth of features that were added in this update, which we listed below.
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore. Also included, is an all-new in-game map!
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- New Difficulty Levels (Tourist, King of the Jungle, Custom) — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new difficulty options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.