Happinet is proud to announce that their dungeon-crawling RPG, Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle is now live on both the Nintendo Switch and the Playstation 4 for 13.99. A fast-paced challenge awaits in the Edo Period of Japan. Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle is based on the terrifying Hyakki Island, where prisoners were exiled. A mysterious castle suddenly appears on the island bringing a slew of creepy monsters, such as the “Yokai” of ancient Japanese literature, back to life, ready and waiting for any players brave enough to enter the castle. The island imprisons a cunning rebel mastermind who seeks to overthrow the Shogun order and assassinate its leader.
“We’re excited to bring such a challenging real-time RPG to living rooms and on console platforms,” said Masaru Saito, Producer of Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle. “We hope to bring out the Dungeon Masters in everyone who plays Haunted Dungeons:Hyakki Castle as the game proudly showcases deep roots of Ancient Japanese folklore and delivers a unique experience like no other.”
- Real-time RPG Action: Execute various tactics such as flanking, distracting, and more for your party in real-time as “Yokai” appear throughout the castle to bring death upon players
- Twice the Possibilities: Split your group of assassins into two parties at any time to deal with traps, puzzles, and enemies for unparalleled strategy and party options
- Explore a Monstrous Castle: The enormous castle is filled with cunning traps—some of which can only be solved by dividing your party—and tough boss monsters, testing player instincts and judgement
- Explore Japanese Character Classes and Races: Choose to play as an Oni, Tengu, Human, or Nekomata with four distinct races on tap to add diverse skillsets to your party
- Tutorial Mode: Learn to survive and defeat the Yokai and bosses in a tutorial mode that provides an in-depth explanation on all the mechanics and tactics needed to survive
- Redefined UI Experience: Experience real-time gameplay with improved UI designed for console gameplay and beginners of the real-time dungeon RPG genre