The largest update for Killing Floor 2 drops today for both PC and console – Halloween Horrors: Monster Masquerade. This free update has a new map in the form of the Monster Ball, Halloween makeovers for all zeds and bosses (new models, effects, sounds). New weapons, limited-time items, improved matchmaking are all hallmarks of this update. In addition, following the recent announcement that Tripwire Interactive will expand its role as a developer to include game publishing — and its partnership with ROAD REDEMPTION developer EQ-Games to bring the critically acclaimed action racer to consoles — today’s update also connects the worlds of Killing Floor 2 and ROAD REDEMPTION for the very first time.
Players who own both Killing Floor 2 and Road Redemption in their Steam library will gain access to an exclusive in-game crossover as well. The Road Redeemer is a weapon Killing Floor 2 players can wield, which is wrapped in barbed wire and is suited for the Berserker class. This bat is a favored weapon of the road warriors of Road Redemption, and speaking of Road Redemption, two new riders are joining the game from Killing Floor 2. Hans Volter and DJ Skully are crossing over, and the crossover will be available on console when Road Redemption hits consoles later in the year.
Features of Halloween Horrors: Monster Masquerade Update:
- New Map: Monster Ball
- Test your mettle in this brand-new map with limited-time event objectives and rewards.
- New Looks Halloween Makeover
- Celebrate Halloween with a full makeover for all enemies and bosses with new models, visual effects, and sound effects.
- New Tunes
- Lend us your ears for new main menu tracks, action tracks, and trader time tracks.
- New Weapons
- MKB42 – Commando
- HZ Medic Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher – Field Medic/Commando
- FN-Fal – Sharpshooter / Commando
- ROAD REDEMPTION Exclusive Weapon: The Road Redeemer
- This chained bat for the Berserker class is available exclusively on Steam for players with ROAD REDEMPTION in their Steam library.