1C Entertainment and Digitalmindsoft have released a stand-alone expansion to the Men of War RTS series, with Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War. This expansion offers a new feature in the series, with dynamic campaign creation. To mirror the ever-present feeling of dread in the Cold War era, no two campaign experiences will be the same, thanks to this feature.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War also marks the return of the series’ genre-defining RTS combat. Players take control of vast armies of U.S. or Soviet soldiers, tanks, helicopters and more as they take this historic struggle to series-first locales. From sleepy winter villages to fortified border zones, Direct Control mode returns, giving players unprecedented control over their forces, allowing them to control single units in a bid to out-maneuver their enemies. This expansion launches today on Steam for 24.99 USD.
- Pick your side: The United States of America versus the Soviet Union
- Dynamic campaign creation makes singleplayer and cooperative campaign play extremely replayable with randomized skirmish battles and custom army compositions
- Competitive online multiplayer modes
- Assault Zones game mode: Capture and hold flag points using all military means possible
- Annihilation game mode: Dominate the enemy or capture their base, as valuable resources can be secured on the battlefield
- Command large armies or control single units with the series-defining direct control mode