Monster Jaunt is an upcoming 4-player party game on the way to Steam in 2020, by SKetch House Games. This title is a throwback to the party games of old, that values skill over luck. Players can compete to take their vacationing monsters on the best holiday trip ever. Each of the monsters has a different ideal holiday in mind, and it’s up to you to plan the best route possible. This means there are 20 minigames to compete against your friends in, from penguin races to inventory management, to a cupcake-based social deduction.
Sketch House Games founder and many-hats-wearer Nate Buck discussed their project:
“I’ve always found a lot of party games frustrating in that they require a strong amount of game literacy and skill in some aspects, and then throw that all out the window with luck-based die rolls. I wanted to create a minigame anthology where the overall board game is as skill-based as the individual challenges, rewarding players for different types of cognitive and reflexive abilities. The result was Monster Jaunt.”
Monster Jaunt Features:
- Diverse Minigames: From arcade asteroid blasting to cerebral memory challenges, 20 challenging and varied minigames await.
- Strategy Board Game: Monsters have arrived from another dimension to…have a great vacation! Win minigames to draft monsters and plan vacation routes in a Euro-inspired board game. No more rolling dice and hoping for a win!
- No Waiting: Every minigame includes all players and board turns are simultaneous, so you won’t be twiddling your thumbs while others take their turns.
- Throwback Aesthetic: ’90s kids, rejoice! Monster Jaunt takes visual inspiration from 3D greats of the mid to late ’90s. Behold the glory of bright colors, lo-fi polygon, hidden cheats, and cheery MIDI tunes!
- Abundant Customization: Play with 1-4 players and fill in with bots. Disable minigames you don’t like or increase the odds of your favorites appearing. Remap controls however you need. Don’t button mash if you don’t want to!