Deep Silver and Nine Dots, alongside Maximum Games, announced a release date for their fantasy RPG Outward. It will arrive on Playstation 4, Xbox One and steam on March 26th, 2019. Outward is an open-world fantasy adventure game featuring deep simulation and immersion. In it, players will experience an entirely new kind of RPG, where they play the role of a true inhabitant of a sprawling world, requiring biological maintenance and self-preservation against a harsh, uncaring environment. These simulation aspects also extend to the game’s representation of magic as an intricate web of rituals required to evoke supernatural powers. Outward also plans to feature two-player local and online multiplayer, with local split-screen. With this, two friends can share an exciting fantasy journey together.
- Survive in the wilds as you explore a vast and harsh land
- Play solo or cooperatively, split-screen locally or online
- Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting
- Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
- Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios
- A unique experience with every playthrough