Override: Mech City Brawl will be running a Closed Beta event this weekend (August 10th through 12th, 2018), and players will be able to flatten cities inspired by real-world locations and play as a variety of gigantic, powerful characters. This includes a fish-luchador hybrid bot named “Pescado” and a humongous lizard mecha named “MetaGeckon”. This will help the developers get a feel for the present balance of the game and let players experience the fast-paced brawler. Streaming is only permitted for the PC version, but Playstation 4 and Xbox One players can also sign up with PC players at their website.
Pre-orders are available, and the Super Charged Mega Edition features the Season Pass, which delivers 4 extra mechs and 16 new skins post-launch as well as access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition. Override: Mech City Brawl arrives on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on December 4, 2018, for $39.99 for the Super Charged Mega Edition and $29.99 for the digital-only Standard Edition. The Super Charged Mega Edition is available in both retail stores and digitally. Not all of the features for the game will be in during the test, but below are just some of the features players can expect in the future.
- Explosive Battles. Take control of a gigantic mech and lay waste to entire cities as you fight other massive opponents.
- Supercharged Mechs. Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real-World Locations. Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Multiple Game Modes. Challenge other players in local and online Versus & Co-Op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
- Party Co-Op. Gather 2 to 4 friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech!
- The Garage. Customize your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.