A massive update hits Portal Knights today, for Steam and Xbox One (tomorrow, June 28th for PS4). The Nintendo Switch edition of this update will come later on in the summer. There’s a paid DLC update and a free update for everyone. The paid DLC is “Elves, Rogues and Rifts”, which will offer never-before-seen content. Players who purchase the DLC can invite their friends to explore the content as well, so they can preview it.
- A new Elvish race! Play as an Elf, complete with new customizable ears, Elvish hairstyles, skin tones, and more!
- A new Rogue class! Play as a Rogue and explore new talents like stealth and backstabbing, along with dozens of new, craftable weapons and armor.
- The Roguelite Rifts! Extensive dungeons that are randomly generated upon entry – home to devious traps and puzzles. Time in the Rifts is limited, and they require absolute mastery to obtain the best loot! Players can explore them with friends for their best shot at survival.
- The Elvish City and Rogue’s Guild. Brand new environments packed with quests and political intrigue.
There is also a free update for PC and console players, known as the “Questing Update”. This update contains the following improvements and changes:
- The Mage’s Guild! A new quest city full of characters and Elysian lore.
- Dungeon creation! For the first time, Creative Mode players will be able to place monsters and create traps and puzzles with new logic blocks, buttons, pressure plates, and more.
- Public multiplayer games and user permissions. PC and PS4 players can now choose to host or join public multiplayer games that will be visible to all players – not just friends. To help protect your buildings and treasure, hosts will be able to set user permissions.
- New Quest Log. Players can keep track of their quests as they travel from island to island and can choose which ones to track.
- Much, much more! Hundreds of quality of life updates, bug fixes, performance optimizations, and other surprises.