A new twin-stick shooter is coming to Steam, developed by OverPowered Team, and published by Alternative Software: Profane. It will challenge players to defeat their enemies before the clock runs out. Time is money and health, so split-second decision making is imperative to success. In Profane, players embody “Talaal”, with the last of an ancient Gods seven masks. Tlaaal tasks you with helping fight against her siblings that hunt her to absorb the mask’s power. But now you’re trapped, in a battle that isn’t your own, stuck in a cycle that seems impossible to break. But is it?
Profane recently received the coveted “Best Action Game” in Tencent’s “Game Without Borders” program, seeing off competition from hundreds of developers worldwide, where gameplay, visual style and narrative were key elements in the judging process.
- Customizable ability loadouts allowing players to optimize their game style.
- Competition-focused gameplay enabling you to challenge friends and beat hi-scores.
- Multiple game modes, including Rogue-lite.
- Twitch compatibility allowing viewers to affect the game, upgrading and refreshing the game experience.
- Full gamepad and controller support