Alternative Software has announced that their twin-stick shooter Profane has now launched on Steam, developed by OverPowered Team. A recent winner of “Best Action Game” in Tencent’s “Games Without Borders” Awards, Profane has players defeating enemies before the clock runs out – but there’s a twist. Time is money and health, so it’s up to the player to make the right split-second calls. This is combined with a bullet hell, so sound reflexes and attention are key.
Cited for its intriguing time system, where the challenge, skill consumption, and damage are all reflected in the time limit, as well as its enormous fun and all-round excellence, Profane gears up for release today on Steam as an exciting new offering in the shmup genre. Players control Talaal, the last of God’s seven masks. Talaal finds her bearer in time to fight siblings that wish to absorb the power within the mask. As the bearer, you’re stuck in a war that you had no part in, stuck in a cycle that seems impossible to break.
- Award-winning time-based health and skill system
- Customizable ability loadouts allowing players to optimize their game style
- Competition-focused gameplay enabling you to challenge friends and beat hi-scores
- Multiple game modes, including Rogue-lite
- Twitch compatibility allowing viewers to affect the game, upgrading and refreshing the game experience
- Full gamepad and controller support