Project Winter is a game of multiplayer-survival in a frozen battleground, where eight people are dropped into a frigid wilderness. Teamwork is essential to survival in this horrific area, but not everyone in your group is really out for the team. Project Winter is focused on social deception and survival, where players are randomly assigned as Traitors or Survivors. Communication and teamwork are key to the survivors’ ultimate goal of escape, but Traitors are going to try and gain strength, and need to stop the survivors by any means necessary.
Project Winter launched in Early Access back in February and has received several updates since, such as adding a “Mass Hysteria” event, which adds a deeper level of deception, so it’s harder to tell who is a friend and who is a foe. There was also a Truth Serum added so players can root out the Traitors a little easier, and there were also several overall AI improvements. Project Winter hits PC on May 23rd for 19.99.
Project Winter is offering two bundle sales to help get your friends into the game or to buy in a group! Until game launch on May 23rd players can buy 4 copies at 15% off or 8 copies at 25% off! It will be available on Steam Store, Humble BUndle, and Greenman Gaming, and will also feature controller support.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.