Risk of Rain 2’s Early Access has a new update today, with the “Skills 2.0” update. Each Survivor has a new set of survivor-specific challenges to complete. Once done, they unlock new individual skills or skins for that particular Survivor. A unique new boss awaits as well, in Siren’s Call. Of course, there is new items and equipment added to the ever-growing tools needed to survive. The Loader returns from the first Risk of Rain, with a new stage, a new boss, the ability to earn new skills, and customize Survivor loadouts. The Loader is a Bruiser and is skilled at close combat and grappling. Their skills are below:
- Passive: Scrap Barrier – The Loader is immune to fall damage. Striking enemies with the Loader’s gauntlets grants a temporary barrier.
- Primary Fire: Knuckleboom – Swing at nearby enemies for 320% damage.
- Secondary Fire: Grapple Fist – Fire your gauntlet forward, pulling you to the target.
- Utility: Charged Gauntlet – Charge up a massive punch for 600%-2700% damage that sends you flying forward. Deals significantly more damage the faster you are moving.
- Special: M551 Pylon – Throw a floating pylon that zaps up to 6 nearby enemies for 100% damage. Can be grappled.