Tortuga Team announced today that they have scheduled a Q3 2019 release for Spaceland, their upcoming sci-fi tactical RPG for PC. Players will be putting together a futuristic kill team, to drop down into alien bases, and take care of the threats contained therein. The battles will be quick, with no time being wasted on costumes, loadouts and those kinds of details. Each character is ready for battle, and ready to get the job done.
Characters are focused less on recovering from missed shots, and more focused on the placement of the characters for the best line of sight, and optimal shots with their weapons. Unit placement is key, and so is speed in this streamlined RPG.
“Spaceland is the loving homage to sci-fi classics, both games and books, that we’ve been wanting to make for a long time,” said Anton Mikhailov, Creative Director at Tortuga Team. “We’ve taken the core of the tactical RPG, the turn-based combat, and reworked it for speed — meaning players will likely only spend 10 minutes at most on a battle, but it will be fun and exciting the entire time! We expect fans of sci-fi entertainment will enjoy our storyline, while fans of tactical combat will find something new and refreshing in Spaceland.”
Features of Spaceland Include:
- We’re Going Old-School: Inspired by classics of the genre such as XCOM, Laser Squad, and Incubation, Spaceland turns up the heat on the battlefield by offering a playstyle that is familiar, yet uniquely exciting.
- Quick N’ Fun: Fast and furious battles focus on the action and only take 10-15 minutes. Planning is good, but blasting is better!
- Packing the Heat: Equip your team with futuristic weapons such as Dash Thrusters, Grenades, Teleporters, Mines, Power Shields, and much more! Scavenge surroundings for equipment and ammo in a hostile environment with scarce resources.
- Explore and Exterminate: Discover the secrets of alien bases as you explore them, unlocking new data and expanding your digital encyclopedia of alien info — all of which will help you annihilate them with ease!
- A Beast for Every Occasion: Fight for your life against alien lifeforms that feature speed, strength, armor, and more — all challenging your tactical mettle as you figure out the best way to defeat each type