Starpoint Gemini 3 is the next adventure in the Gemini universe and takes place 30 years after the events of Starpoint Gemini 2. The Empire is still gone, the A’Shriari have been pacified, but their representatives still inhabit former imperial territories. The universe is a vast place though, and with all Starpoints now being open and functional, travel has never been easier. However, peace never really lasts.
Jonathan Bold is your name, and you’re far from being a typical heroic type that tries to adhere to the highest moral standards and focuses on saving the universe. Jonathan has learned that all of the heroes of past Gemini wars do not lead happy lives after the wars are done. They fight for noble goals, but only witness how human nature ruins them in the end. So instead of walking that path, he’s chosen more relatable objectives – enjoying a good life, the company of beautiful ladies, and making money.
The only problem is that you have quite an unusual heritage, which will force you to intersect with global events more than once, and which will occasionally put you in the thick of things. Starpoint Gemini 3 is an upcoming open-world space action RPG with a heavy emphasis on storytelling, and the free-roam of the universe. For the first time in the series, players can explore two more planetary systems, as well as the familiar Gemini system. These are all inhibited by animated, 3D NPCs with high-quality voiceovers that players will be able to interact with in order to find answers and help them reveal all the plot twists.
Unlike in previous parts of the series, this time around, the player won’t be forced to face the challenges the universe throws at him all alone. He will be accompanied by ADAH – a digital consciousness that runs the ship’s computer and can download itself into the gamer’s drone, giving it a self-aware mind and a very screwed-up personality.
STARPOINT GEMINI’S MAIN FEATURES:
• A huge, immersive space spanning three different planetary systems of former imperial colonies;
• A large variety of characters with unique personalities, different questlines, and factions;
• A unique adrenaline-packed combat system that enables mid-combat mounted weapon switching, allowing you to change weapon and damage types during combat without the need to dock for refitting;
• New out-of-ship drone control and exploration of space structures;
• A modular ship upgrading system;
• A complete set of RPG skills to boost the player’s capabilities over the course of the game;
• Detailed visitable interiors on different planets;
• A universe populated with unique areas, objects, and characters that allow players to engage in many different activities while free-roaming between missions;
• The storyline is written by Darko Macan, an official writer for numerous Star Wars and Marvel comics.