Paradox Interactive announced that the economy-focused expansion for Stellaris will launch on December 6th. MegaCorp has players taking control of an incredibly powerful corporate empire to develop trade networks around the galaxy, as well as construct cities that encompass entire planets. The name of the game is to outwit and outdo the competition at every turn. Interested parties can preorder it today at this link. Alongside free updates that are coming to Stellaris, MegaCorp has the following features:
- Corporate Culture: Chief Executive Officers of a MegaCorp can conduct business on a galaxy-wide scale with a host of new civics. By building Branch Offices on planets within empires they have trade agreements with, the MegaCorp can add a portion of the planet’s Trade Value to their own network. Using the new Corporate Authority government type, construct an economic powerhouse and dominate galactic trade – for a brighter future.
- City World: With Ecumenopolis, players can increase the population density of core worlds to truly epic proportions, eventually creating a planet-spanning megacity.
- Caravaneer Fleets: Keep an eye out for the Caravaneers, nomadic interstellar wheelers-and-dealers who stay aloof from galactic politics, and always have a bargain up their sleeve. Expect surprises when these master traders wander through your space or when you visit their home systems.
- More Megastructures: Budget has been approved for your own glorious Matter Decompressor, Mega-Art Installation or Strategic Coordination Center to acquire new scaling capabilities for your megalopolis.
- Galactic Slave Market: Buy and sell labor on an industrial scale, set them free or keep them as livestock. The choice is yours!
- VIP Status Comes with its Perks: Keep your economy competitive in a cutthroat galaxy with additional Ascension perks.