505 Games partnered with Re-Logic and Pipeworks Studio to bring 2D action-adventure game Terraria to the Nintendo Switch. It releases on the Nintendo eShop digitally today, and retail for a physical edition later in the Summer. It is available for 29.99 and is filled with popular features and content from the 1.3 PC/console update, and is also enhanced for the Nintendo Switch.
“We are extremely proud of what we have achieved with our partners at Re-Logic in creating and sharing a sleeper hit that has blossomed into a global community with more than 27 million copies sold to date,” said 505 Games Senior Brand Director John Merchant. “With the launch of Terraria for Nintendo Switch, the doors will open to an even larger audience of players, offering the most flexible way to play this wondrous sandbox-style adventure at home or on-the-go.”
Nintendo Switch Terraria Features:
- Touch screen support to quickly navigate inventory and add more finesse in building, digging and combat (two joy-con controllers required per player)
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player’s skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- New Expert Mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master