Two PM Studios is partnering with Nkidu Games between their first major upcoming title, The Thin Silence, and non-profit organization CheckPoint. This includes donating 10 cents to charity for each copy of the game sold, with the aim to aid CheckPoint in their mission to provide support and awareness on mental health issues. CheckPoint Organisation Ltd is a not-for-profit organization which connects mental health resources with video games and technology. More information about CheckPoint can be found on their website. The Thin Silence will be available on Steam, Itch, and Humble in Early Access for Windows PC/Mac on April 27th, 2018.
“When we started making The Thin Silence, we didn’t know we were making a game about mental health. I wasn’t really comfortable with that being a leading theme of the game for a lot of development. There’s a lot of shame and fear about opening up about these things, video games are “fun” after all. Seeing Checkpoint’s work is part of what made me feel like we could and should make a statement and share our perspectives.” – Ben Follington, Technical Director
EXPERIENCE THE STORY
- Enjoy 5 hours of unique and varied challenges driven by a fresh item-vs-environment interaction mechanic.
- Experience breathtaking vistas and quiet contemplation.
- Featuring a moving original score by LightFrequency.
- Over 40 unique in-game documents.
- Mostly believable hacking sequences.