Fatbot Games and Merge Games are proud to announce that their Steampunk Dungeon Crawler Vaporum is on the way to consoles, between April 9th and 11th, depending on the platform. The grid-based single-player title uses a first-person perspective in a unique steampunk setting. Vaporum was inspired by old-school titles like Dungeon Master I & II, the Eye of the Beholder franchise and Legend of Grimrock I & II.
Players will have to use a wide range of skills in a gadget-based system, from direct/area attacks, as well as buffs and debuffs. Attacks are powerful but also drain your energy, and some enemies may be immune to particular attacks, so there’s plenty to learn and plan for in Vaporum. Instead of increasing the abilities of your human character, improve your exoskeleton. Plays can adjust their loadout at any time to adapt to whatever situation they find themselves in. As your exoskeleton becomes more powerful by absorbing a special substance – fumium – from defeated enemies, you will be able to unlock useful areas of the exo-rig, gaining significant permanent attribute bonuses and passive skills.
- Nintendo Switch: April 11th, 2019 ($24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99)
- Xbox One: April 10th, 2019 ($24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99)
- PlayStation 4 EU: April 10th, 2019 (€24.99 / £19.99)
- PlayStation 4 NA: April 9th, 2019 ($24.99)
VAPORUM – MAIN FEATURES:
- Fight in real time – First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors
- Be tactical – Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses
- Fully voiced main characters – Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower with fully voiced phono-diaries kept by the main story’s protagonists
- Tons of customization options – The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle
- Absorb fumium from defeated enemies – Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills
- Keep your wits about you – Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty
- Explore and loot – Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards
- What happened in the mysterious tower? – A storyline full of dark secrets and unexpected twists
- Immersive steampunk setting – Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design and an atmosphere that makes you aware of the constant danger lurking around every corner