Chucklefish is proud to announce that the wait for Wargroove is almost over, and the release date has been set for February 1st, 2019. It will arrive on that date on the Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One, and a later date to be announced for Playstation 4. Players take to battle in either solo or multiplayer turn-based strategy action with up to four players. A variety of commanders await to do battle with various factions. Players will use their unique “groove” ability to sway a battle in their favor, and also can design their own maps, cutscenes, and even campaign stories.
Features of Wargroove:
- Choose from one of 12+ Commanders from 4 warring factions – the brave Cherrystone Kingdom, the thoughtful Heavensong Empire, the dark Felheim Legion, and the nature-inspired Floran Tribes
- Strategically use your Commander’s unique “groove” ability to sway the battle in your favor
- Battle your way through the Campaign Mode to discover the story and motivations behind each faction
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play
- Design and share your own complex series of battlefields online, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn
- Discover the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants in the Codex, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables – old school style! Be the first to uncover all the secrets of Wargroove.