Thread: Bots on MUD

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 9

Default Bots on MUD

How do companies go about with detecting mud bots? Can websites trace your actual click coordinates and click time delay and stuff? Can java and shockwave detect bots?

i want to know how games that are nto downlaoded prevent botting besides report from other players

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I've played on a MUD for a number of years now, and though it's text based, the same should hold true for graphical muds too, all it takes is an Imm (GM) pm'ing you, asking a question, and not getting a proper response whithin a reasonable amount of time. Low tech solution, and probably not what you're looking for, but it is pretty fool proof.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 9

yea in comunnity games that can happen but what about sites like pogo.com mini games. the more u play the more u earn.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Well, those wouldn't be MUD's, so it's an area I know little about. I do remember someone in college with me had a bot for a game like that, but that was years ago. A simple way to stop it though, would be the same bot checks they use for signing up for new accounts at a website, as in 'type in the random, case sensitive letters and/or numbers you see in this picture' sorta thing. You'd probably have to do it before/after each game/round though. All that's theory though, I usually don't play minigames, so take it with a grain of salt.