Thread: Pro's/Con's of CoH&V?

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Default Pro's/Con's of CoH&V?

Well after reaching 70 on WoW, I find the PVP still stale. I have heard great things about this game though. I'm just wondering what it has to offer since the trial didn't get me far at all.

How's the endgame PVP? Better than WoW? How so?

Are there Raid's and stuff?

Whats the difference between Heroes and Villians? Different stories/quests. Does it overall effect your endgame or is it like choosing Alliance/Horde, where you basically do the same thing, just in a different manner.

I'm really considering switching, but I do not want to switch, get to max level, just to find out it sucks. =/

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

People are gonna complain at you for spamming since you could have asked inside my thread or Merka's thread since the question have already been answered.

You cant compare WoW to CoH for starters they both play differently.

There are Arch Villains/Heroes which are similiar to Raid bosses.

Task forces are like a build up to an AV and give nice rewards.

Theres a difference in the fact that Villains and Heroes only meet in pvp and Base raids i think not too sure. The missions and bosses and storyline are different as well as the cities. Check out my issue 13 thread for some new content coming in.

And trust me if your scared there wont be enough to do then your mistaken. There are Veteran Rewards for how many months people have had active subscriptions and they get badges. ive seen people with vet badges ranging from 30-70 that means. Some dont even have that many Alts.

Sorry i dont really wanna repeat myself too much so check Merka's thread as well.

Only Con i see is that the combat can be kinda slow for the first 5 levels (which zoom past dont worry) fine after that.

Some people find it hard to find teams which i find ridiculous since theres always 30+ people wanting to make teams people are just too scared to make teams themselves.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206

No,no. I get exactly what you mean. and yes. There are things about the villain arc's that completely change the gameplay. It's not just a "dark side" rehash of the heroes version. A main example would be the two "organizations" that go for each side. There's the Freedom Phalanx, which you eventually work under as a hero, along with longbow missions that pertain to smaller time villains groups. You'd start with hellions - a bunch of thugs basically. But as you get deeper into the game you realize that they make devlish pacts and actually gain superpower, then do a hellion task force to find out more about them and face their leader.

Whereas villains would work under the Arachnos, led by Lord Recluse and follow more missions that face into hero territories and the natural business of arachnos, Takeovers..murders..that sort of thing. Strike forces for the villains not only reveal more about the heroes and villains you face, but deeper into them you can notice changed version of famous hero areas, IE Atlas Park turned to Recluse Park with the newest pvp area. The better villains do against heroes, the bigger the change, the bigger the bonus. And vice versa.

I could babble on for hours, ask away. xD

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Hmm... Is the grind tolerable? Community is great, I hear.

So back to the PVP, you said I wouldn't like it just because it's imbalanced?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 206

The grind comes in at 45-50, 50 is the level cap. Me and a friend hit max in a week of binge Hero-ing. But of course, we know what we were doing. If a new player were to start, they'd hit 50 in maybe three weeks, provided the ydidnt' get tempted to make a new hero over and over like I did.

and yes, the pvp is a little imbalanced, especially with the epic archetypes that you unlock by getting a character to max level. Fortunata's in particular can stun like a controller, but do damage like a blaster. Still squishy though.