Thread: GameDev101?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default GameDev101?

Hello again fellow Onrpg members recently I came up with an idea since I hear a lot of people want to learn programming ,but they can't find resources or are too lazy to read. So I had an idea where I could teach game programming through a chatroom. I was thinking of getting a site for this ,but I want to get people's opionon before I decide if I want to work on it. You would require no money or no knowledge of programming just the ability to use a computer. Class would take place 2 times a week and I would even give out grades if wanted. I once did this through MSN messanger , but a lot of people goofed around and well it ended up a disaster. So anyone interested? It would go from Beginners C++ to Classes then to SDL or Allegro based on which one i prefer. Then maybe I would give out report cards.:eek:
    Tell me what you think.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Yah TLM I was thinking about using IRC I just wanted to see if people would be interested so I don't do all that work for nothing.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

yeah i like it i would join i just dont like the grades thing

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

i wont. if its only twice a week i cant learn everyday. i started learning today and im getting through tons now. im already reading about 'pointers' aka confusing little bastards.

p.s. if you do it like in a chat room people will still have to read good idea though