Thread: "deepest" mmorpg experience?

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Default "deepest" mmorpg experience?

i remember playing some games that were not the top of the line as far as free mmorpgs go but offered some very deep gaming experiences. the 2 that come to mind for me were:

Voyage century online: the game had and prob still has its flaws but, the server i poayed on was divided by player guilds into to huge factions made up of smaller guilds. one was the Big Black Sail and the was the TGE(cant remember what it stood for). and the wars and territorial stuff going on, as the game was set in the 15th century mediterranean, were amazing. there were turncoats , spies, hired priviteers . bountys on players heads, the whole nine. it kinda turned what would have been a grindy, clicky game in to deep fun time. i rememeber standing in the rain on top of a fortress in Cape Town waiting to see the black sails coming over the horizon. defending the cities in huge wars. good times.

Eternal lands: shit on this one. i do now. but back in the day this game was deep. i remember being a damn near mmorpg virgin and somehow falling into this game and there being big political battles going on and huga epic adventures into mountian caves and catsles with groups of very large numbers i remember battling a rival guild who showed up at a boss to try to sabotage our planned raid and a huge war of pvp-pve going on. just fun times in a game that had a very surreal atmosphere for its time. nice story too. i rememeber a thing that the developers did that had a huge dragon coming into town with frantic npc's warning you to prepare and all the rival guilds had a meeting in the wilderness to join forces to defeat this thing that would have otherwise wipes most players out. good times. sucked when they got rid of the crime and jailing system

let me hear some of your free mmorpg experiences that were deep and engulfing good times.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 27

Priston Tale. It was damn good many years a go. I almost paid of it. First game I acitually tough I would pay something of it. Secondly Kal Online it was good, but maybe too grindy and lag of features even it was nice game. Still it's nice, but too far of my enjoyment level.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

guildwars and its pvp. the game is always changing; new updates, skill balances, and new builds being made.

damn fun 2 years of my life playing this game with my guild

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Starwars Galaxies that was the deepest experience i ever had

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

mine has to be dark age of camelot! i don't really know why but i kept me intrested for a very long time i suppose it was because i hadn't played anything like it before! btw this was 5years ago!

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

diablo 2, been playin since i was 11 haha and still playin, kinda :P

5 years of my life playin this game, wow O.o

same wit conquer online. it was fun when there wasnt so many bulkers and add ons, thank god they got classic now haha