Page 12 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Legends [Discussion]

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Zekee View Post
    I don't know why they nerf'd Riven. Yes her Q was pretty strong early game, but mid-late game, she requiered a lot of attention, and positioning to be played right. I guess this Morello is just an idiot.
    ? you're misinterpreting the video.

They're actually buffing her Q and weakening her lane phase by nerfing her health regen (which wasn't her problem at all but w/e)

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    Yep, I'm sure it had nothing to do with her almost unbeatable lane presence due to her high natural regen on top of the shield.

/Sarcasm
    Nasus, Warwick, Udyr, just to name a few, can easily out last Riven. Riven is strong early game, then get's slightly weaker mid game, then it stays that way throughout to the end game.
    It's very easy to counter her, as she is cooldown based, so its very easy to initiate, or push her back after. She is just good and dashing in/out all match against players who are not expereinced to play on a Solo lane.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 99

absolutely love it when i get these people on my team

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

hrm, this free week has both Darius and Rengar. tempted to not play this week.
    Messing around.

Game Journalist Reputation: 67

Shiiiiiiiit all you diamond players make me jealous Teach me the ways !

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13

Like darkness35 mentioned, its for Anti-Tanking. They want to reduce the impact bruisers have on the game. All of S3 has been about them. Even with all the changes, bruisers are still terrifying. With the addition of %HP items, a tanky team just becomes a bit more manageable.

To build against %HP, you get items that apply Attack Speed debuffs for AD. Such as Randouins & Frozen Heart seeing as its all in the form of Basic Attacks. For AP, you get the standard MR+HP and/or Banshee's for single-target spelled champions as it applies in ticks and not burst like AD.

Brand has always had %HP DMG. %HP champs are still a very low minority among the champion pool.

You'll almost never see a team full of %HP champs as they're all fairly squishy. But you will see a team with 3-5 bruisers with decent CC rampaging around the map. Especially if they're fed early. Vayne gets 3-4 early kills? She stomps lane. Nasus gets 3-4 early kills? He wins the game.

Despite the new items and champs, you'll always have a tank either way.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Apostle View Post
    Like darkness35 mentioned, its for Anti-Tanking. They want to reduce the impact bruisers have on the game. All of S3 has been about them. Even with all the changes, bruisers are still terrifying. With the addition of %HP items, a tanky team just becomes a bit more manageable.

To build against %HP, you get items that apply Attack Speed debuffs for AD. Such as Randouins & Frozen Heart seeing as its all in the form of Basic Attacks. For AP, you get the standard MR+HP and/or Banshee's for single-target spelled champions as it applies in ticks and not burst like AD.

Brand has always had %HP DMG. %HP champs are still a very low minority among the champion pool.

You'll almost never see a team full of %HP champs as they're all fairly squishy. But you will see a team with 3-5 bruisers with decent CC rampaging around the map. Especially if they're fed early. Vayne gets 3-4 early kills? She stomps lane. Nasus gets 3-4 early kills? He wins the game.

Despite the new items and champs, you'll always have a tank either way.
    Ah, I see, but aren't there %HP bruisers that can afford to build full tank due to the high damage they get already?

I also wasn't aware Brand's ult had %HP damage on it in the first place. I hardly even see him played...

I've just been seeing that alot of new champions have at least one skill with %HP damage, and it seems they don't usually need to build a lot of offense (e.g. Elise, Vi, Zac) to do good damage. It's kinda annoying as they can get tanky while others need to build all AP/AD to do damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Well %damage isn't true damage, %physical damage is still mitigated by armor, and %magical via MR. So % damage isn't all bad, as for why it's good for the game? I guess I couldn't say, but it's not bad either. I will say the new armor/mr shred mechanic has really made % damage much more viable than it once was.
    That makes sense then. Building Armor/MR is good against it then, but still, yeah right now armor/MR shred is so powerful.

Also, do people consider support an 'easy' position to play? I do find it easy for mi to play compared to carries and such. Strangers seem to expect mi to main support too when I say I play LoL.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    ???
    silver/bronze hahahaha what

you don't know this game if you say wukong doesn't have the strongest level 2 potential
    e+q = 30% armor shred, 30% aspd
    idk mang korean players don't know their shit.
    So you would go all in at lvl 2 with wukong vs a pantheon,riven,kayle,udyr,rengar or garen. And please don't forget the enemy minions bashing on you like no tomorrow... please Candy stop bsing...

EDIT: protip: ask you mate to go and make a custom game ask him to pick kayle w8 till lvl 2 and get ur ass kited and smashed...
    and why are you talking about "mang" korean players all of a sudden?

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Read what Senna wrote. She pretty much has it there.

This guy is a moron. If you're going to play ranked you're going to know at least 3-4 roles in a game. Even a dumbass unranked moron would know that a variety of roles with even skill is better than some one trick pony retard like Athene or Deezer.
    K bro if you wanna be a jack of all trades master of none right.. Well that's why you will stay in silver elo 4ever.. have fun with that. I used to think just like that until I made up my mind...
    Kinda funny this onrpg cummunity where silver/bronze players can act like if they were challengers xD

warding does also help but to get out of bronze you have to master a champion and play him at a very high elo. You talk about athene yet he is diamond elo and I think that he could get out of bronze elo easily so don't bs me I know what I am talking about..

Kinda funny how he talks about deezer when deezer is a professional lol player xD I gotta love bronzies

Quote Originally Posted by Gurenbanka View Post
    All melee carries in LoL have invulnerability.

Yi with his meditate and Alpha Strike invul, Fiora with her ult + W, Tryndamere with his ult, Gangplank (he was supposed to be a carry) with his oranges.

Yasuo has his wall for his invulnerability aspect of an melee AD carry. Also, very few of these melee carries get CDR. So 18 seconds is actually a pretty high number.

The only thing that is remotely OP about Yasuo is his double crit passive.

Should be toned down to like 1.5 of it or something.
    My only problem with Yasuo is he can provide this 'invulnerability' aspect to his entire team. Look at the rest of the carries you mentioned. It's all self-protection only. A carry shouldn't be able to stop damage for his team better than a support. Which is why I don't like Yasuo having this skill and I think it should be on a support.

Also, if I'm not mistaken some CDR does appear in some carry items. Not much, but if you want you can get it. Even Ionian boots is an option (I get that on Riven sometimes)...

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    My only problem with Yasuo is he can provide this 'invulnerability' aspect to his entire team. Look at the rest of the carries you mentioned. It's all self-protection only. A carry shouldn't be able to stop damage for his team better than a support. Which is why I don't like Yasuo having this skill and I think it should be on a support.

Also, if I'm not mistaken some CDR does appear in some carry items. Not much, but if you want you can get it. Even Ionian boots is an option (I get that on Riven sometimes)...
    Sure let's talk about Kayle then.

Sure let's talk about Kayle then.
    Can Kayle stop huge AoE ults from hitting your entire team? On a non-ultimate ability with a 20s cooldown compared to her ult? There, talked. Happy?

Kayle has to actually choose ONE person to protect. As long as your allies don't position like retards Yasuo's going to be able to provide a whole lot more mitigation. You typically only have one significant melee damage dealer on the team (if any at all). And they're going to have to deal with the CC of your party members to be able to reach the backline. So you're not going to take much damage hiding behind it.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4063834

They just wrecked Targon's shield...

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    most of the time people go afk when there is some raging in chat. i usually dont get afkers since i try to calm the people and am generally typing in chat
    I mean people who have d/ced as well.
    But I'm having to report 2~3 people a game because they don't stop harassing each other.
    I tend to avoid chatting in game and using the chat to command people or saythings like "good job" or tell people how to use our team comp effectively, or "dragon" "baron" "take X Tower" ect.

Too many *******s, too many reports to write.
    I tend to mute people right after their first smart ass/rude comment in game doesnt matter who it was directed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna View Post
    I've seen you build Frozen Heart on Shyvana for example. The mana stats are totally WASTED on her. You could have gone Randuins Omen for a similar sort of item, which even has a good active and doesn't waste stats. It's simply BETTER on her.
    Pro's build Ancient Golum on Shyvana, which has mana regen.
    The purpose of Heart is not mana unless you're ryze.
    What does frozen heart do?
    1. Armor
    2. Cooldown reduction
    3. Mana
    4. Anti Attack speed Aura

Just because heart has mana doesn't mean its poor item choice, its actually a phenominal item for her because she needs armor and CDR, plus Shyvana is a tank, in your face chasing your ADC kinda champion. Frozen heart is anti AD, one of the best anti AD items in the game.
    Randuins is simply not enough armor, When do I build what kind of team comp am I facing? AD Heavy.
    I will already have built a randuins anyways, the items do not replace one another.
    It doesn't matter if the stat is wasted or not, the item itself is a counterplay item that is vital to fighting agains't super fed ADCs and AD heavy teams.

Also don't tell me to "get better at CSing" I'm already as good as I can ever be at it, which sucks. I have a physical limit, which I hit a long time ago. Its simply too hard of a behavior for me to do effectively. my muscle problems have outright prevented me from being able to improve my CSing. My CSing actually used to be better, but about a year ago some thing happened inside the neural development of my brain that caused me to lose my ability to write. Its possible that I probably am in the beginning stages of either MS or Parkinsons, and Theres really nothing I can do about it.

My CSing used to be better, alot better, but medical issues are taking its toll. which is one of the reasons why I jungle so much, I don't have to worry about my muscles holding me back on my income.

~World's most played Shyvana games: Final Count: 2611 Jan.29th 2013)~
    Quit, moved to WildStar. Cya later Dragonborn

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_Shyvana View Post
    Pro's build Ancient Golum on Shyvana, which has mana regen.
    The purpose of Heart is not mana unless you're ryze.
    That's bullshit, and if you were to build a frozen heart on Ryze with little to no AD on their team that's stupid.

What does frozen heart do?
    1. Armor
    2. Cooldown reduction
    3. Mana
    4. Anti Attack speed Aura

Just because heart has mana doesn't mean its poor item choice, its actually a phenominal item for her because she needs armor and CDR, plus Shyvana is a tank, in your face chasing your ADC kinda champion. Frozen heart is anti AD, one of the best anti AD items in the game.

Randuins is simply not enough armor, When do I build what kind of team comp am I facing? AD Heavy.
    I will already have built a randuins anyways, the items do not replace one another.
    You know what Randuins has?

1. HP
    2. Armor
    3. Active slow
    4. Passive slow.

You're talking about how Shyvana is a tank yet you don't even realize that Randuin also has HP, which Tanks ABSOLUTELY need. I don't understand how you fail to see that. Besides, if you're building HP anyway one the last item you'd build on a shyvana would be atmas.

It doesn't matter if the stat is wasted or not, the item itself is a counterplay item that is vital to fighting agains't super fed ADCs and AD heavy teams.
    Counterplay means jack shit. That's like saying I can just go in 1v5 because I have a GA and kill everyone after. It doesn't work like that at all. Stop thinking about counters as the only means to win a fight and actually learn the mechanics.

That's bullshit, and if you were to build a frozen heart on Ryze with little to no AD on their team that's stupid.

You know what Randuins has?

1. HP
    2. Armor
    3. Active slow
    4. Passive slow.

You're talking about how Shyvana is a tank yet you don't even realize that Randuin also has HP, which Tanks ABSOLUTELY need. I don't understand how you fail to see that. Besides, if you're building HP anyway one the last item you'd build on a shyvana would be atmas.

Counterplay means jack shit. That's like saying I can just go in 1v5 because I have a GA and kill everyone after. It doesn't work like that at all. Stop thinking about counters as the only means to win a fight and actually learn the mechanics.
    you seemed to fail to understand that I mentioned "I will have already built randuins"

Randuins is always one of my first items, probably one of my favorite items after liandrys.
    Stop assuming that i build heart in place of randu, because i don't, like i said from the get go, stop assuming and ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_Shyvana View Post
    you seemed to fail to understand that I mentioned "I will have already built randuins"

Randuins is always one of my first items, probably one of my favorite items after liandrys.
    Stop assuming that i build heart in place of randu, because i don't, like i said from the get go, stop assuming and ask questions.
    Nah, I think I already know your item build is just ridiculously stupid. Multiple users here have said it repeatedly.

Wow, how rude.