Thread: Guild Wars Question

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 19

Default Guild Wars Question

Okay so I got a question but first of all, I know this is probably the wrong section but I'm just looking for a straight 'yes' or 'no' answer and there are over 9000 people viewing. So sorry in advance.

I'm thinking of getting into GW again, so I'm boing to buy the Trilogy as I forgot my account details and it's only £13.
    So, I'm downloading the game all in one big download using the '-image' extension, instead of in parts.
    Will this download of 12,000 files cover the expansion areas as well?

Thanks.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 34

I bought and installed Trilogy a while back, then I got the expansion via digital purchase about a month later. The expansion (Eye of the North) still had to download its files when I changed to the expansion areas. Though the wait was only about 30 seconds per area.

In other words, no, Trilogy does not cover the files for the expansion as well.

If you digitally bought the expansion, you could probably download an iso or other image file of Eye of the North if you'd rather install it all in one go.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

i think it will download the expansion too, but you won't be able to access it's areas.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 54

I'm thinking you'll still have to download more after getting EOTN. No biggie, just another -image session. I had to download like 130,000 files after a fresh GW install. >_>

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

i did a -image when i reinstalled 4 months ago. it installed everything on my file.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

yeah using the image argument will download all the files for everything as long as its installed on your computer. i have done it probably 10+ times.