Pretty great movie that shows off a neat idea; What if the creatures from Japanese folklore really existed among us? This film reminded me of Pompoko, which was great, as I loved the hell out of that movie.

The basic idea behind the story is that Coo, through various circumstances, ends up living to be in modern-day Japan, and is found by a young Japanese boy. The movie follows Coo and the Boy (forgot his name ;D) and the rest of the family as they individually grow and become closer as a family. Basically, it's a movie about personal growth with a very interesting setting.

Here is a description of the film, "A small, lone Kappa miraculously survives over 200 years into modern day Tokyo, Japan when he is found by young Koichi. "Coo" who is secretly adopted by the whole family, faces a tragic past and the present's challenge of living in a dramatically changed environment, searches with his new human friend for places not invaded by people hoping to find any remaining of his kind. When this intelligent "water sprite" draws the popular attention of the whole city upon being discovered and then confronted with his past, it forces him to take action and make an ultimate decision, in order to preserve his kind, inner peace and well being in today's harsh world."

I suggest you guys try and check it out.