Thread: Java Coder wanted

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Post Java Coder wanted

Team name:
    N/A

Project name:
    Project Daemon
    EDIT: Renamed BlazuraSolum©

Brief description: The entire project is based around the term 'Customizability'. We plan on developīng a game that allows for near-full character creation, with the biggest class tree ever seen (Litterally, it's huge: 250+ classes). We plan on implanting equipement creation (on a big-scale) and life skills (mining, smithing, alchemy, etc...), as well as housing systems. The project is planned as a 2D work, but 3D might be considered. The project has been in the works for about about two months, but has been in planning for the past two years. If it all works out, we plan on going bigger, possibly joining the ORPG fields.

Target aim:
    We plan to put this game up for retail on the Android Market. The selling price of the App is planned to be low-cost, between 1 and 3 dollars. (Multiply that by maybe 1000 buyers? It sums up...)

Compensation:
    We split all potential revenue evenly between our members.

Technology:
    We aim the Android Market with a Java-based App. We plan to develop our own engine and use to to develop our own game to our liking.

Talent needed:
    We are currently looking to recruit a Programmer who has practiced the Java language to become Lead Coder in our active team. Lead coder will be expected to, obviously, lead other coders, but more so aid them in accomplishing the tasks in due time. We have the coding power, we lack the numbers.

Team structure:
    We are an indy team of 11 members who wish to develop games in our spare time for pleasure. Some of us are studying the game developpement domain, others picked up skills and experience over the years, and all of us want to put our aptitudes to the test, by beginning our very first Android App. Our team is made up of 3 coders, (C++ and Java), 3 talented Artists, 3 experienced Musicians, a writer and a database manager.

N/A

Contacts:
    If interested, please contact me by PM or by sending me an email over at Fisheyfishey@live.fr

Additional Info:
    We ask that you may please post some of your past experiences, time that you can spend working on the project, and desired compensation, if any. Proof of past works might be cool.

For more information, contact me.

None desired, only appliers.

Retired Staff Reputation: 75

While I'm unfortunately not too interested in officially joining up; if you guys do need help with Java, or have questions about game libraries, physics, networking, or whatever, I'd be more than happy to try and give you guys a helping hand (though I'm not too interested in writing any code).

Other than that; good luck with your project!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thank you very much, we unfortunatly mostly require some to actually write the code, because our coders do have experience. However, if ever we do meet problems we cannot correct, I will certainly refer myself to you. It would be great to have some mean of directly contacting you however, if the necessity comes up. Thanks again,