Thread: New MMO: To be named.

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 16

Default New MMO: To be named.

Hey guys, I've recently started working on my MMO again. I stopped development due to me loosing my gaming comp (With my hard drive) and didn't have any backups but after almost a year of crying about it I decided to start back up.

What will this be? This will be a 2D Sandbox MMORPG that will eventually get a re-release in 3D. I've got both engines ready but I feel as though I want to build a nice community with the 2D version first.

I'm not going to make this a long post atm since I'm waiting for this hurricane to hit but I was wondering if any of the Onrpg community would be interested in helping. As I'm starting over from scratch I'm looking for any ideas you guys have regarding races,equipment etc.

This will be a complete sandbox MMO with a skyrim type level system. Yes the 2D version WILL have a paper doll system so your equipment will change based on the items you equip. There is an event system set up so we will be able to have a nice storyline with cut scenes. I'm looking for anyone interested in learning a bit about game development to join me as well as artists that have some free time to make some art and maps.

If anyone is interested post here. Post any ideas that you guys think should be implemented.

So, in short, if your interested in game development or just want to get involved with a new gaming team feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

This gon take a while, you can better make a singleplayer game.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 11

which programming language and which engine are you using for the 2d project? I may be interested

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

Sandbox Good luck man!