Thread: Single Player Longevity

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Default Single Player Longevity

As a long time MMORPG and FPS player, I've become accustomed to games where I can sink 200 hours into the game and still only experienced a small portion of what the game has to offer.

Long story short, I am going off to university soon and the internet isn't great there. I am looking for some singleplayer/offline games that can keep me entertained on rainy days and such. What I am primarily looking for is one or two games to hold my attention for a long time instead of playing through a linear story mode of 2 games a week. I guess that will mean that the games suggested will have to be open world, at least to some degree.

Any genre is accepted apart from racing games. I already have a few personal favorites already there. I don't mind playing an "old" game either.

Games NOT to suggest:
    GTA
    Call of Duty
    Battlefield

I've played the single player portion (and probably the multiplayer portion too) of these games to death.

GRADSCHOOLISHARD Reputation: 785

Skyrim is now a classic.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the PC coming out soon might be a good choice.

The Mass Effect Trilogy is good, too. Each game is maybe ~30 hours long, but with replays (very fun w/ NG+) add even more hours.