+ Reply to Thread

Thread: headset for pc mostly - best for on a budget?

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 143

It's best if you're concerned about money to get headphones and mic separate. You can still get somewhat decent quality this way without having a crazy high price.
    Just do something like
    Headphones : http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD661...dp/B0062OOFAY/
    Microphone : http://www.amazon.com/GE-98950-Micro...dp/B000BYCNKU/

Around $50 and the quality will be passable.
    Though the best part is you won't look like one of those dummies with a dumb "gaming" headset.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm just worried about compatibility if I choose to use it with my Xbox One. Would that be an issue if I went the headphones + mic route?

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 143

i am sorry i forgot about that part of your post, i don't know anything about xbone i didn't know people bought them, sorry.

42 Reputation: 26

I would say steelseries is a good set added with the xbox one headset adapter. But I don't own the adapter so I don't know how well it works. I have the MSI steelseries Siberia V2 when I bought the MSI x99a godlike mobo. I like the headset much better than my old one, much more clearer mic it seems.

I can say I own a xbox one it's much more advance than ps4 because all I have to do is hook the power and Ethernet to play anywhere I want including my computer that's upstairs.

42 Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    Remote play on my Vita probably covers a larger area than your house, probably.
    No given it's IP base as long as there is connectivity I can be over in West coast and still play on the xbox one that's on the east coast. As long as the one connecting have enough speed to keep a steady connection.

Though I won't deny ps4 since I originally wanted a ps4 because there are more games I wanted to play on it that is exclusively for ps4. Sadly halo 5 won me over. Just can't resist Halo... There's so much going on with the story right now.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

Steelseries siberia V2 for the 75bucks option which sound better than most gaming headsets costing over 100. Or get a studio headphone the Shure SRH440. It's 90 bucks, but it completely destroys anything gaming headphones related. You can just spend a simple 20-30 bucks on a simple Beyerdynamic microfoon to have a nice mic.

+ Reply to Thread