+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice: looking to upgrade

Hoshigami Reputation: 436

Default Advice: looking to upgrade

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from a GTX 550 TI to something better. I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions as to what to look into. Price range is 100-200$.

I was kinda looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-024-_-Product but if you guys happen to know of something better within that price range, let me know.

Thanks a bunch
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Nintendo Switch Dec 7th 2018.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from a GTX 550 TI to something better. I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions as to what to look into. Price range is 100-200$.

I was kinda looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-024-_-Product but if you guys happen to know of something better within that price range, let me know.

Thanks a bunch
    why not add extra $100 then get a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-3975-KR 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card. It what i got. it only silent when you dont play high graphic games lol
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-088-_-Product

750 TI is mostly outdate now for new games

Retired Staff Reputation: 733

The new nvidia generation is getting out end this may so you might want to wait for those 2 weeks. Price drops on older generation cards etc.

What are the rest of your specs? What's the main use?

My initial advice is to get an amd 380x or a geforce 960. Getting a 750ti will not do any good. It's prolonging the pain at best.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    I should update this but all my effort went into writing this lousy excuse.

Hoshigami Reputation: 436

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    The new nvidia generation is getting out end this may so you might want to wait for those 2 weeks. Price drops on older generation cards etc.

What are the rest of your specs? What's the main use?

My initial advice is to get an amd 380x or a geforce 960. Getting a 750ti will not do any good. It's prolonging the pain at best.
    i7 3770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR 3 RAM. It runs all the stuff I usually play fine, such as Warframe, but I'm thinking about getting BDO and might need something a lil better. The 960 looks good and is within my range, so I'm aiming for that now. I mostly game, but don't really stream or record much, though if I could do that relatively smooth that'd be cool, if not *shruggles*.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverknight View Post
    why not add extra $100 then get a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-3975-KR 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card. It what i got. it only silent when you dont play high graphic games lol
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-088-_-Product

750 TI is mostly outdate now for new games
    Shoot, bro what I'm using now is well beyond dated lol. The 750 is actually significantly better than the 550 I'm using now according to benchmarks. But now that I look at that 960 SnOwBunZz suggested, that's way better than the 750 and a huge jump from the 550 I'm using, and within the price range I listed for a slightly higher amount. I wouldn't mind getting the 970 and I actually saw that, but tbh I really don't need that for what I play + I need to buy some other stuff. Not a bad suggestion though thanks.

So far looks like the 960 is what I'ma go with.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Nintendo Switch Dec 7th 2018.

+ Reply to Thread