Thread: Strategy MMORPG

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Strategy MMORPG

I've been playing MMORPG for many years and overall my favorite kind of MMO is the one featuring lot of strategy elements: politics, hauling, territory conquest, structure construction/destruction, exploration, crafting, player-driven economy, etc.

I know only a few of them that would meet this description: EVE Online (barely a mmorpg though), Darkfall Online, Shadowbane... There are a few upcoming games like Crowfall, Dual Universe, Camelot Unchained and Ashes of Creation that seem interesting too.

Anyone is playing / have played one of those games? What do you think about a MMO that you can "win"?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

Wakfu has all of that except structure construction/destruction. Its F2P i would say check it out.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 11

isn't wakfu dying though? you might as well just play starcraft 2, red alert 3 and such.

great merchant has everything as well but it's not that active either but it's quite unique. you can't construct buildings but you can take over towns
    you can hire mercenaries to fight for you and they can be promoted to generals and heroes (it's best to advance them at lv.200 for high bonus stats.) you can look up the cheapest food or weapon to buy and resell at a different country for profit and many more.

but yeah i would prefer to play rts games instead. or a moba.

alot of people play league of legends and dota 2 so you might as well do the same but if you're tired of those there are always heroes of the storm, hyper universe (need a cbt key) and master x master (quite unique with wasd keys and a tag system so you play two characters at once and switch to avoid death. it also has a 3v3 arena mode, pve missions)
    Last edited by Cela; 10-09-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Wakfu is never dying i mean it's a niche game so the popularity will never be giant though they are doing a mass server merge soonish(tm) so that should help the population.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 11

i was so upset that you couldn't do that first dungeon with a party, i had to play solo after the tutorial so my friends just quit.. i have a feeling the merge won't improve much but we'll see

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I love the art style of Wakfu, cartoony and clean. However it seems to be turn-based and isometric (top down camera), so imo it's less immersive than real-time and 1st/3rd person camera MMOs. I'll check some videos still, thanks for the suggestion!

It takes some getting used to but it's fun. A new class was just released and a big patch of changes just hit. if u do end up playing let me know and i can power level you or level a char with u as i want to make one of the new classes.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 182

Why not just Subscribe to Dofus?
    Way more players, and better combat.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!