+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoid Black Dessert

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Avoid Black Dessert

You need to spend much more (P2W *cough)
    paid items are bound to character what doesnt make sense since everything in the game is shared,
    If you say a joke late night, in roleplaychat (lol) you get banned next day in the middle of endboss of the only dungeon game has.
    Money scamers run rampant.
    You need to turn off effects unless you want to get motion sickness while runing in circles to kill mobs,
    there are many skills but ull run same rotation or spam random skills since u dont know wich skill is up.
    You get more progress afking than actually playing the game.
    Have a problem? GM give you a pat in the back and say its afeature not a bug.
    If you quited this game ( or any game in general) they arent worth coming back

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

Cool story bro.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

You seem salty about getting banned more than anything.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild
    Dark and Light Early Access Review

Hoshigami Reputation: 436

I miss the days when people had actual reasons not to play certain games.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlos View Post
    No you don't, not when the majority of items you'd actually need or want can be bought on the AH, earned through grinding it out and working through the enhancement system, or Events that give out some of the more useful items, like pets. This has been a common excuse for people not to play the game and it is just wrong.

paid items are bound to character what doesnt make sense since everything in the game is shared,
    A lot of games have straight up account/soulbound items. Most of the stuff in BDO can be traded with other players. I've no clue what you are talking about.

If you say a joke late night, in roleplaychat (lol) you get banned next day in the middle of endboss of the only dungeon game has.
    Most games have strict rules on not breaking immersion on role playing servers and will kick/ban you for breaking them. This is your fault not BDO and I would be saying that for any game regardless of what it was.

Can't excuse this one, they do exist. They are however a rip off and are constantly made fun of by any serious player due to how little they provide for the amount they charge. Only dumb people buy from gold sellers in BDO with how easy it is to literally just afk and make money + passively gain it through the various systems the game has if you want to be lazy about earning gold.

You need to turn off effects unless you want to get motion sickness while runing in circles to kill mobs,
    That sounds like a problem specific to certain individuals like yourself, which sucks if it is true, but is not a general one I hear people say. No one I know that plays the game has mentioned this being an issue.

there are many skills but ull run same rotation or spam random skills since u dont know wich skill is up.
    You are able to freely reset your skills and experiment with which ones you'd like to use in BDO up until like the mid 50's now iirc, there are guides on which skills are useful for PvE/PvP/both content and the different combos you can use to chain them together, as well as icons that tell you when skills on cooling down. There's nothing wrong with the way the skill system is handled in BDO, it sounds like you don't know what you are doing.

If by "progress" you mean "earn money" BDO def rewards players the more they play the game, but whether that is through passive or active grind is debatable. A lot of players feel that straight grinding on monsters at certain spots is better for making money that passive afk farming of fishing, but regardless of that you can make a killing doing either or both depending on how often you play and how well you know the systems and utilize them.

Oh really? I'm sure you have screenshots of this happening to you, mind sharing? If this is true, I'd love to see and would happily post them all over their various social media pages for a response, because that is messed up. But something tells me this is just one of those things you are making up because you are mad about getting rightly banned for something you did.

If you quit this game because you generally didn't like the grind or the action combat or whatever, that is fine. But don't sit there and try to make up reasons why people shouldn't play because you had a bad experience with it.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Nintendo Switch Dec 7th 2018.

42 Reputation: 26

@kashis

I think he's talking about equipping the cosmetic armor, they're bound once equipped. Though, if you have one armor specific type of class why do you need to make/switch to that same class to wear that same outfit again? Unless he wants to have shared outfits. Which might be what he's complaining about. Since certain outfits are the same for other female classes (crown eagle).

If anything the only reason someone is banned from roleplay in bdo is because they were very toxic which is why he's salty. Like saying racist stuff which does happen a lot in game.

I think we should sympathize the poor guy. He came all the way to the edge of the internet to complain and look for support and no one here is giving any of that.
    Last edited by GenoX; 10-20-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Hoshigami Reputation: 436

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    @kashis

I think he's talking about equipping the cosmetic armor, they're bound once equipped. Though, if you have one armor specific type of class why do you need to make/switch to that same class to wear that same outfit again? Unless he wants to have shared outfits. Which might be what he's complaining about. Since certain outfits are the same for other female classes (crown eagle).
    Oh the Costumes situation? Eh, I don't care for how they handle cosmetics in BDO overall, but they are permanent, the ones you buy at least, (though the dye situation is dumb and I don't like it, I get why they do it). You can buy em off the AH though (which is how I got mine for my Tamer and Ninja) for in game currency and people sell em pretty regularly, so while it's annoying having to do it for each character, it is not really a huge deal. They really could take a lesson from GW2/Warframe/etc. with how they handle costumes/dyes.

I can't really fault complaints about that in particular, but it's hardly a reason to avoid playing. At most it is a reason never to spend money on the game, which people opt to do, and just play and earn everything, which works just fine for most people.

If anything the only reason someone is banned from roleplay in bdo is because they were very toxic which is why he's salty. Like saying racist stuff which does happen a lot in game.
    I would have loved to see the "jokes" this person made to get banned if that's the case.

I think we should sympathize the poor guy. He came all the way to the edge of the internet to complain and look for support and no one here is giving any of that.
    Fresh out of that stuff.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Nintendo Switch Dec 7th 2018.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22

you mean the least P2W mmo ive ever played? shit i played archeage for 3 years an omg that was p2W i never plaed BDO an thought it was p2w at all

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 38

People who get mad about BDO always say it's P2W... Well, I'm playing SA version and I don't see this stuff, only the cosmetic items that you can't share but they are class linked, why are you going to make 2 chars with same class anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Katagiri View Post
    People who get mad about BDO always say it's P2W... Well, I'm playing SA version and I don't see this stuff, only the cosmetic items that you can't share but they are class linked, why are you going to make 2 chars with same class anyway?
    those are sore losers who don't understand what P2W even means ... the bonuses u get from cosmetics aren't even that great ... and if u play and log in daily u can get bag slots and get weight ... also u can buy cosmetic sets and other cash shop stuff off marketplace if u just snipe ... sets on EU cost only 20mil which is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    those are sore losers who don't understand what P2W even means ... the bonuses u get from cosmetics aren't even that great ... and if u play and log in daily u can get bag slots and get weight ... also u can buy cosmetic sets and other cash shop stuff off marketplace if u just snipe ... sets on EU cost only 20mil which is nothing
    I agree with you. I'm enjoying myself a lot, there are so many things to do I'm never bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Katagiri View Post
    I agree with you. I'm enjoying myself a lot, there are so many things to do I'm never bored.
    i just want them to add mystic class so that i can return to play a bit ^^

i just want them to add mystic class so that i can return to play a bit ^^
    SA version is way behind.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Wouldn't say it's pay2win but the cash shop has to be one of the more intrusive ones I've seen lately. 10$ my ass, the entry price is much higher if you don't want to be slowed down considerably compared to others.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 22

i dont understand people with this kind of mindset, the game is bad because he do it on "purpose"... so he blame the game instead himself?

why the hell do you want to spend so much? if buy things with real money is the 1st thing pop in your brain the moment you log in the game, there is something very wrong with you.

If you say a joke late night, in roleplaychat (lol) you get banned next day in the middle of endboss of the only dungeon game has. well DUH its roleplay chat!!! it called roleplay for a reason!!!, i've been roleplaying in LOTRO and D&D game and to make a joke you need to make it "natural" with your character personality, you dont make "real life modern day" joke in fantasy setting game, or a dead serious wizard making a "yo mama" joke which i think you did it hence the ban.

so? so does other game even paid game like wow and ff14, whats your point? just ignore or block them.

You need to turn off effects unless you want to get motion sickness while runing in circles to kill mobs
    blame on yourself not the game, i play the game and yes it does get dizzy, in my case depth of field and blur, so i turn it off and problem solved, why complain this?

again your own problem, this playstyle is pretty much how 80% hotbar based mmorpg do. see ff14, you will do the same 1-2-3-4 combo from level 1 until you get bored with the game.

the game give you a feature with no negative effect and you complain? wat?

you clearly has no idea what GM do, GM are observer not miracle worker, they cant fix a bug or problem WITHOUT consulting to his superior first, even if they can help its only within the game boundary, something like unstuck, ban people, force kill someone, etc, even that depend on the management rule, they maybe need to report it first before the GM can act. anything outside the game (bug/glitch/network error) they cant do anything about it, the best they can do is report it to dev team.

if you think they arent worth coming back then quit and dont look back, why the complain then? if you are not going back, the fact you complain about the game mean you HOPE it get better and that mean you have no intention to quit in the first place anyway, nice try.

Good analysis, Steve! I agree with your words.
    SA is a little different but the basis are the same.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 872

BDO was one of those games i was sooo hyped for like years before it came out, but sadly everything about this game just feels off to me. the character creator was very limiting for me, which i know may sound strange to some.(limited facial feature placement options letting me move eyes, nose and mouth up and down) the model graphics look great but i dislike the terrain/tree's and distant textures quality, there seems to be a lot of popping/flickering going.
    attacks of your own character have so many graphical effects going on that i become unable to see what enemies are doing.
    it starts out with the same old boring fetch quests and doesnt exactly seem to try impress you at the start.

now last but im not blaming the game for this. i cant get used to the controls. i feel like i should be using a controller instead.

ill probably give the game another chance in the future though, like i did with warframe which massively improved over time.
    i think i was expecting dragons dogma gameplay when i first saw footage of this game, but in fact its nothing like that.

edit: as for the pay to win aspect, i havent noticed anything about that yet, nor have i had the market being shoved down my throat like many other games do.
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 10-25-2017 at 09:32 PM.

@Abhorsen you should give it a try now. New content. Pvp arena, new horses to breed. I got me 3 purebred too (2xt7 and 1 t8 white). You can attempt to get a unicorn or Pegasus with the new dreamer horses. You'll only need the correct horse skills, 200% exp for these quest skills, and a 1% chance you getting it. If you fail you'll lose all or 50% progress if you use cron stone. There's a savage rift thing. defend/fight waves of monsters. New area's opened up in the sea and south of trent. New classes -> Dark Knight, and Striker. Earning money is much easier. Casually selling event items (crescent rings or tree spirit belt or red nose armor) and I earned over billions.

also lvling from 56 to 61 became easier like by 30% ... the game became rly good now i play it off and on ... waiting for Mystic class Q.Q

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    attacks of your own character have so many graphical effects going on that i become unable to see what enemies are doing.
    Yeah this one was of my biggest issues with the game as well. Pretty well done animations all covered and littered with waaaay too flashy rainbow effects. And this is after I've reduced them as much as possible. Such a shame.

Been playing shit since ancient times and i havent a game that isn't P2W. If you think that cash shop is the only way to PAY to WIN, you are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by srbenga View Post
    Been playing shit since ancient times and i havent a game that isn't P2W. If you think that cash shop is the only way to PAY to WIN, you are a fool.
    what else do you consider p2w ? that ppl buying items for pearls what a joke lool its their choice

The controls are a little odd imo but, I swiped the moving keys with mouse keys and, fortunately, I have a G510s keyboard, I saved the combos I use more and I can start them with a single key.

what else do you consider p2w ? that ppl buying items for pearls what a joke lool its their choice
    If there is any way to spend Money it will be spent, from gold sellers to paying people to play in order to form a party/guild uniquely to provide itens to your char. For me, mmorpg now is just a place where the big spends swing their dick around and the vultures fly near to see if they can taste power(basically the world itself).

Game List Master Reputation: 251

Quote Originally Posted by srbenga View Post
    If there is any way to spend Money it will be spent, from gold sellers to paying people to play in order to form a party/guild uniquely to provide itens to your char. For me, mmorpg now is just a place where the big spends swing their dick around and the vultures fly near to see if they can taste power(basically the world itself).
    How wrong you are.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    How wrong you are.
    He's not exactly wrong about the methods of pay to win. Though, one method is not allowed by the company versus one is the company implementing methods that allows it to happen.

Which is worse? A person using unorthodox means of obtaining a win or a legal method endorse by publisher's and gaming companies.

In general, some people finds it worse that companies are implementing methods to create a paywall or hints of such things over entertaining gameplay. Paying for in-game benefits through third-party isn't as obviously look up on, but which have a bigger voice in general?

+ Reply to Thread