Thread: Aspects of MMORPGS that appeal to the players

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Aspects of MMORPGS that appeal to the players

What do you like MMORPGS to have and what do do you not like?

- - - Updated - - -

Something that i usually like is for more than just the basic race choices and class choices. So many stick to human and elf and dwarf.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 182

I believe Mabinogi has everything you could ever want or need in an MMORPG.
    So I wish it had a bigger player base, ability to turn in game gold into cash shop currency (and weekly cash shop currency giveaways to all players who log on)
    and a graphics update. People already made the game look amazing with Sweet FX and ENB, Just copy paste their work. Ez Pz...

Hell, someone should make a Mabinogi Private server, because I always wanted a giant server restart. loool.

Only other thing I could think of adding to Mabinogi which it doesn't have, is the Government system Wakfu had. I thought that was a pretty fun system, because Mabinogi already has factions and great guild system. So adding politics into the mix, and having cities flourish from the system would be pretty cool...
    Last edited by Songz; 11-10-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

Min-maxing.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 26

I would rather have a more dynamic implementation of features/style than static ones.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 871

ill just share some of my usual rambling about things i like and dislike in both singleplayer and mmo games.

Graphics: i dont care for high resolution textures really, what i care about is the lay of the land, a good example of this is world of warcraft which manages to create beautiful areas with just the simplest of graphics. it speaks to the imagination. you can have amazing 4k resolution textures but still a shitty looking game if its just a flat chunk of land.

(majority of f2p crap)

this is why i often prefer 2d (or 2.5d) games because game companies can focus better on its art style like Tree Of Savior for example.

or trickster

Gameplay: I rather have one attack with really smooth animations and satisfying hit sound, compared to a large variaty of attacks that have shitty sparkling animations and skippy frames. i think a good example of this is ragnarok and once again tree of savior. when you swing your weapon in these games it feels like you're weapon actually gets stuck inside of the monster mid swing, and this gives it a lot of weight and satisfaction to it.

its very disappointing this feature is still not being used in most modern games. if you swing your sword in the air, it reacts the same way than if it would hit a monster. swords just phase trough the monster like you're cutting paper and follows the same animation every time. only hit-reaction (dark souls or bloodborne) on the monsters themselves has improved over these past few years. Monster hunter is actually one of the few games i know where attacks can bounce of hard body parts on monsters, which what makes it so much more awesome.

Music: I believe music alone can carry a game towards success. Undertale and the first Nier games are some great examples of this.

try playing these games without music and its only half the fun. in the case of Starbound or Oblivion i disliked the music so much that the opposite became also true and i enjoyed the games only half as much. (they made me sad and sleepy)

so these 3 are my main focus points in games.

edit: one more aspect i miss in mmorpg's is a lively market and trading system. once again the only mmo that ever came close to create this is ragnarok online where you would list your gear at the side of the street in town, and people walking by could browse it. THIS is exactly what trading in mmorpgs should be like. it should be like visiting your weekly market in town. if i get this amazing golden sword i want to sell, i want it visually laying on the floor... flea-market style for other people to browse. i want to struggle to find a favorable selling location in the early morning hours. and i want prices for things to remain vague so it doesn't become a undercutting war.
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 11-12-2017 at 06:05 PM.

my favorite videogame death :P

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 26

I've been wondering is it really that hard to make something that is good without screwing it up? Every time a company makes the game it's usually riddle with some sort of stigma or stagnation from the right direction.

Though the other side of the argument is that companies need to make money. It's understandable, but sometimes it seems too focus on that and in the end ruins something that could of been entertainment instead of an hassle.