+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: RaiderZ Relaunching through Masangsoft

  1. #1
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Lord_Darmon_The_9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    2

    Default RaiderZ Relaunching through Masangsoft


  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,560
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    This was the sorta MH inspired mmo right?
    Where things were still pretty WASD-mmo but had a focus on big-bads and had part damage and the like?

  3. #3
    Hoshigami Reputation: 445
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,433
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    This was the sorta MH inspired mmo right?
    Where things were still pretty WASD-mmo but had a focus on big-bads and had part damage and the like?
    It is an Action based MMO more along the lines of TERA, but allowed for hybrid builds with varying degrees of success. The PvE was so so but the PvP was decent, at least from what I remember in the early days. I don't know what issues it had down the line though. Hit boxes were a lil wonky at times, but it was a challenge, especially for support since you had to manually aim a small AoE to heal people and folks would run around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming "heal plz", even after explaining how the skill works and that it had a small cool down...-_-. That being said, I thought it was fun, I just lost interest due to waiting on a specific class to come out.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"


  4. #4
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 53
    tihi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,110
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Combat was too clunky but community and everything else was pretty decent. I just hated animation locks.

    RIP Xfire


  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,658
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Really liked the gameplay in this one, especially during instances. The problem was the stuff in between instances.

  6. #6
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Lord_Darmon_The_9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    2

  7. #7
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 10
    Seikatso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,028
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Game was shut down for a reason. I wouldn't touch this game, it will 100% shut down again. EVERY single MMO that was "re-birthed" was shut down permanently eventually.

  8. #8
    42 Reputation: 26
    GenoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikatso View Post
    Game was shut down for a reason. I wouldn't touch this game, it will 100% shut down again. EVERY single MMO that was "re-birthed" was shut down permanently eventually.
    That's not true. Allod, Lucent Heart, Granado Espada, Karos, and Karos Return still exists on steam.

  9. #9
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Lord_Darmon_The_9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikatso View Post
    Game was shut down for a reason. I wouldn't touch this game, it will 100% shut down again. EVERY single MMO that was "re-birthed" was shut down permanently eventually.
    From what I can gather is that the game was only shut down because the original developer MAIET gambled all their money away on GunZ 2 and the entire studio closed down. Perfect World only had to close the game because server issues were getting really out of hand and they couldn't get anyone from MAIET to fix them.
    Last edited by Lord_Darmon_The_9th; 02-05-2018 at 12:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 15

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    725
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    so any idea the release date?

  11. #11
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10
    Hadukenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darmon_The_9th View Post
    From what I can gather is that the game was only shut down because the original developer MAIET gambled all their money away on GunZ 2 and the entire studio closed down. Perfect World only had to close the game because server issues were getting really out of hand and they couldn't get anyone from MAIET to fix them.
    I miss gunz 1 was just talking about it the other day with my brother.

    Anyways one of my friends seemed to really like it, so maybe ill have someone to hop on with and "try" it again.

  12. #12
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 10
    Seikatso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,028
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    That's not true. Allod, Lucent Heart, Granado Espada, Karos, and Karos Return still exists on steam.
    And every single one of these games are dead or dying and will be shut down.

  13. #13
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22
    sutasafaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikatso View Post
    Game was shut down for a reason. I wouldn't touch this game, it will 100% shut down again. EVERY single MMO that was "re-birthed" was shut down permanently eventually.
    FF14 would disagree with you quite strongly.

  14. #14
    42 Reputation: 26
    GenoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikatso View Post
    And every single one of these games are dead or dying and will be shut down.
    They're not exactly dead. Just hardcore players are the only ones that plays. If you think these games are going to be thriving in the hundred thousands then that's a high expectation of them.

  15. #15
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Lord_Darmon_The_9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Another update
    https://www.facebook.com/raiderzonli...49799891760271

    🎙️Hit Detection System🎙️

    The development team found some lack of accuracy from the 'Attack and defense mechanism' among the many mechanisms which are active in the RaiderZ. We’ve been thinking about how to deal with this problem, and finally we decide to improve some part of this.

    For the accuracy of mechanism, we will sub-divide the attack detection. And we anticipate that the strong points which are succeeded from former RaiderZ will make a better synergy with this detailed attack detection.

    Our philosophy of developing RaiderZ is to develop RaiderZ with taking a leaf out of former one.

    In line with this philosophy, the development team is improving monster's attack detection at first. And some mechanisms related player's defense behavior will be changed accordingly.

    Our goal is producing more diverse play patterns ever before by blending former RaiderZ with some added or refined mechanisms.

    RaiderZ is always a 'non targeting MMORPG!!


    🎙️Enhance The Quality Of Graphics🎙️

    The development team is trying hard to enhance the expression of graphics. But it also means that playable PC's specification will be increased too.

    We considered "Is it enjoyable experience to players?" and finally concluded "We have to curb the rising of PC's specification!". Because we don't wanna let you feel that the PC's specification is a barrier to experience the RaiderZ's world after the opening.

    So at first, the item's graphics will be refined bit by bit. And we will draw the illustration from the beginning and modeling it. Then continue to materialize it in the game engine of RaiderZ. We will make an effort to curb the rising of PC's specifications as far as possible and to optimize the graphics being implemented.


    🎙️Recreation of World Map🎙️

    In RaiderZ, there are massive stories that we could not tell you. We want to say that the RaiderZ's world view and storytelling seemed by you so far were just the tip of an iceberg. As we develop and extend the RaiderZ, world view will be revealed little by little to you and will sometimes be released as the graphic novel via the website.

    But we felt very sorry about world map which was based on a former RaiderZ's world view. We realized that former world map could not express the Raiderz's massive world view. After discussing this issue, we determined that it is better creating new world maps to direct the world view correctly.

    Now we resolve a new world map by plugging in the RaiderZ's scattered maps and referring to the characteristics, climate and geographical features of each field map. Unfortunately, we can't release the entire world map. But we've left behind all of the field maps experienced in the previous RaiderZ, and we've tried to make sure that RaiderZ's world view is not compromised.

  16. #16
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Lord_Darmon_The_9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    https://www.facebook.com/raiderzonli...89513887788871

    Raiders!
    PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR LOCATION. ✍️

    ▶ Survey URL : https://goo.gl/forms/hzACKe8WPgTWBFyH2

    Our development team is very curious about where you live.

    For service of RaiderZ, we need to know where you live. So we are conducting a survey to you who is waiting for RaiderZ. Please select the region where you live.

    This survey will be used as a valuable resource for selecting service areas. There will be no personal request. The information will only be collected from the survey and not be stored.

    🎮 português

    1. Por favor, avisa-nos suas regiões. Queremos saber as reigões de vocês para melhor serviço. ✍️
    É necessário que saibamos onde vocês moram, por isso, vocês poderiam selecionar sua reginão entre opções abaixo?

    ☑️ ESTA PESQUISA SERÁ USADA APENAS PARA SELECIONAR A REGIÃO DE SERVIÇO DESTE JOGO. REALIZANDO ESTA PESQUISA, NÃO SERÁ EXIGIDO OU SALVADO SUAS INFORMAÇÕES PESSOAIS E SOMENTE SERÃO COLETADOS OS DADOS FINAIS.

    ▶ Survey URL : https://goo.gl/forms/hzACKe8WPgTWBFyH2

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •