+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master X Master closing down January 31st

Game List Master Reputation: 251

Default Master X Master closing down January 31st

XM SAYS FAREWELL
    November 16, 2017 @9:21 pm
    There is no easy way to say this, but regretfully, we will be discontinuing our service for MXM, with the final day of the game’s life to be January 31. Deciding to close the game is not a decision we come to lightly, but ultimately it came down to a matter of business—we explored several options, but none of them were sustainable. We truly believe that MXM is special, and offered a lot of new ideas to change up the MOBA genre, but in trying to carve out a niche for itself, we failed to connect with players.

For the remainder of the game’s service, we’re going to do everything we can to honor the community and show thanks for your support. We know this news is difficult to hear for remaining players—trust that we are as heartbroken as you are that we have to say goodbye to it. To that end, in recognition of all of you who love playing the game, here are our plans from now until the servers close:

All players will receive 500,000 X-Coin to unlock all content
    The community-developed Lua skin will be made available to all players for 1 X-Coin
    Real money purchases on the MXM Store will be permanently disabled
    All game modes will be turned on, and available at all times
    Refunds in full on purchases made between Aug. 30 and Nov. 16. This will happen automatically within the next 7-14 days and will be refunded via the same method the purchase was made, if possible. For additional refund specifics please refer to our FAQ.
    We are truly grateful for the community that grew around MXM, and for your support of the game. We saw MXM as a challenge to the status quo—a change-up of mechanics that would revitalize the MOBA genre and attract players who wanted to test the upper limits of their skills—but in the end, it wasn’t enough to take on the established juggernauts. It truly is awe-inspiring to have been a part of the community’s creativity and passion—the art, videos, and guides, the emergent gameplay and meta as new Masters were introduced, the high-level online competitions, and more—truly, thank you.

We again want to extend our sincere gratitude to the MXM community and hope you all can enjoy the remaining time with the game. We’ll be continuing to provide updates on the official forums, Twitter, and Facebook until January 31.

http://www.playmxm.com/uk/news/mxm-says-farewell

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

I guess when they nerfed the actual ingame currency to boost up the cash shop currency it pissed off quite a lot of people huh?
    Imagine that....
    It was already really bad they went out and made it nearly impossible to get characters anymore.

Now i hope their new Lineage mmo will be good and will release in english when its done.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 11

everyone from my guild including myself quit when they increased the Sol required to unlock a master, ncsoft is a disgrace to the game companies.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 53

I just had a feeling this game wont last long so didnt even bother playing it =p And that new Lineage trailer didnt hype me at all, it doesnt look like an mmo.

RIP Xfire

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 872

Quote Originally Posted by Cela View Post
    everyone from my guild including myself quit when they increased the Sol required to unlock a master, ncsoft is a disgrace to the game companies.
    i've been a ncsoft hater since auto assault and tabula rasa. sad to hear you got your experience ruined by them as well

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Boy, that was fast.
    I remember takign part in the first CBT. It was interesting but I guess I didn't see much in it myself.(especially what with it being NCsoft, bastards)

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Wow its one of the faster shutting down game 2017, i still remember i was playing dota 2 with friends in discord discussing about this game..

there were actually times where we envied the koreans for having superior mmorpgs, we don't need mmorpgs when we got warframe, league of legends and battlerite tee hee
    Last edited by Cela; 11-19-2017 at 11:44 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

there were actually times where we envied the koreans for having superior mmorpgs, we don't need mmorpgs when we got warframe, league of legends and battlerite tee hee
    KR and JP have heavily moved to Mobile sadly.

I've played Warframe the camera sucked, league I played and won 1 game got 1 kill and quit. Battlerite meh not interested in the slightest. Plenty of korean mmorpgs which I would want to come over though like MapleStory 2..

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Plenty of korean mmorpgs which I would want to come over though like MapleStory 2..
    That game is currently struggling to keep a decent amount of players , they made so many giveaways and events with free items. And they just keep going with that system.
    I really don't see it releasing in english. Been playing it for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    That game is currently struggling to keep a decent amount of players , they made so many giveaways and events with free items. And they just keep going with that system.
    I really don't see it releasing in english. Been playing it for a while though.
    Different games do better in different markets . MapleStory 1 in Korea is still really popular where as in NA/EU it isn't anywhere close as popular. Nexon is running the game so poorly over here.

I don't see MapleStory 2 struggling either .. it seems populated enough whenever I log in and play it.

i disagree, every korean game that has been published in america has been doing god awful compared to the korean release.

maplestory lost alot of players unless it's on the weekends - top 3 servers (top 4/5 are pretty much like GMS)

maplestory 2 is struggling are you sure you're playing the korean version and not the chinese version? or do you consider 1/15 of maplestory 1's playerbase "not struggling"

battlerite, warframe, league of legends, pubg all do extremely well in korea and america.. what do you mean different games do better in different markets? if you need more examples hyper universe, metal assault, master x master, mixmaster are both dead in korea / america. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry but its pretty much empty whenever i log in , be it at night or during the day. That pretty much is struggling , even during the weekends. Unless you count 5-6 people in town as doing ok then that's great i guess .
    Oh wells , at least Arpiel is doing fine.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 182

I forgot to play this game in NA. Lmfao... damn, RIP
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

i disagree, every korean game that has been published in america has been doing god awful compared to the korean release.

maplestory lost alot of players unless it's on the weekends - top 3 servers (top 4/5 are pretty much like GMS)

maplestory 2 is struggling are you sure you're playing the korean version and not the chinese version? or do you consider 1/15 of maplestory 1's playerbase "not struggling"

battlerite, warframe, league of legends, pubg all do extremely well in korea and america.. what do you mean different games do better in different markets? if you need more examples hyper universe, metal assault, master x master, mixmaster are both dead in korea / america. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Think about it this way GMS 1 used to be heavily populated, majority of those people have now quit and see MapleStory 2 and want it to come out in English (Which they seem to have plans to do) Quite a number of people have played the Korean version or Chinese versions of MapleStory 2.

Where as MapleStory 1 in Korea hasn't lost anywhere near as much players (Maybe some in recent months because of the bs drop rate nerfing and boss changes) but not close to what GMS has lost) In Korea MapleStory is kind of like a social network where people log in and talk with friends. Of course MapleStory 2 isn't going to be as popular.. Korea probably has other games like MapleStory 2 .

The global market doesn't really have anything like it. Keep in mind also how many channels MapleStory 2 has. It probably has more players than you think it does.

Wtf are you talking about Korean MapleStory servers are heavily more populated than Global ones. Korean MapleStory doesn't run like trash and GMS doesn't have 30 channels yet. Every world in NA/EU maplestory are dead asf. You can't compare GMS and KMS population at all.

Battlerite lol who is going to play that over the big mobas
    Hyper Universe<Competing with the likes of League and is run by Nexon America which is trash at running games
    Metal Assault <oh wow crappy game, it's not closed down so no it's not dead
    master x master< crap and big competition
    Mixmaster is still around to< Who the hell is going to play that though? it's rubbish

What exactly is going to be competition for MapleStory 2? Over here?

PristonTale which is a KOREAN game is absolutely packed on a certain server so you can't say Korean games do bad over here in comparison because that's completely wrong. It's more populated than the official server in Korea. The official server over here is well populated also.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

The currency changes that basically forced people into paying, split focus between being a moba or being a pve dungeon crawler, bugs that were never addressed, balance issues that were never addressed, use of CoH heroes/villains only to be met with backlash from it's former players (I think this was a failed attempt at trying to get some to give the game a try), and constant radio silence from the dev team lead to this games downfall. Shouldn't even come as a surprise. The CoH reddit is celebrating.

However, I will admit the game had a lot of promise. So did Infinite Crisis, but it's gone too. Moba market is over-saturated. If they had just focused on PvE they may have seen better results.

+ Reply to Thread