Default Favorite Games VS Most Hours Played

Originally from https://twitter.com/direGoldfish/sta...12697681666048

Just for fun:

1. List the games that you put the most hours in
    2. List the games that you loved the most

How much to do they overlap?
    What are the total outliers?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 882

Clicker heroes and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms i put the most hours in but i dont count them cause they're afk games lol
    so that would make Terraria my most played game with 1,062 hours in it. Besides being the game with the most replayability for me, its also the game i probably love the most thanks to years of free content that made the game better with each update.

i guess i just love games with high replayability because its the same with The Hunter: Call of the Wild, and Monster Hunter World. i can fire up those games anytime and it will always be unpredictable and different depending on the playstyle. i dont have nearly as many hours put in these 2 games though. maybe 200 in the hunter, and 500ish in monhun.

Editor in Chief Reputation: 48

Woo boy.

Most hours spent (excluding Idle Games)
    Siralim 3 (584 hours)
    Stardew Valley (348 hours)
    Terraria (256 hours)
    Path of Exile (166 Hours)
    LoZ: Breath of the Wild (~95 hours)
    No Man's Sky... (??? I can't recall but I know it's somewhere well past 200 total)
    Binding of Isaac (???... this one's hard because a lot of it was played on a shared library before I got my own copy)

I have no idea how much time I've spent playing FFXIV, but it's got to be up there considering I've played it for 3+ years.

Games I've loved the most? Siralim 3, BotW, Stardew, and XIV are all in that list. But there have been others that were shorter single player games (like Gone Home, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, Eastshade, Shelter games).

Generally speaking though? I'm also big on replayability just because I binge on entertainment and because I love random elements, roguelikes, etc.
    Editor in Chief, OnRPG/MMOHuts
    twitter | twitch

NWOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    Clicker heroes and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms i put the most hours in but i dont count them cause they're afk games lol
    so that would make Terraria my most played game with 1,062 hours in it. Besides being the game with the most replayability for me, its also the game i probably love the most thanks to years of free content that made the game better with each update.

i guess i just love games with high replayability because its the same with The Hunter: Call of the Wild, and Monster Hunter World. i can fire up those games anytime and it will always be unpredictable and different depending on the playstyle. i dont have nearly as many hours put in these 2 games though. maybe 200 in the hunter, and 500ish in monhun.
    It feels like the end of an era with the final Terraria patch coming. I'm half tempted to host a public Terraria server for a few months once the launch goes live.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 882

Quote Originally Posted by NWOrpheus View Post
    It feels like the end of an era with the final Terraria patch coming. I'm half tempted to host a public Terraria server for a few months once the launch goes live.
    yeah, will it really really be the final patch though? :P
    i would be interested in joining a server if im not (still) in the middle of FFXIV by then.
    used to host myself for a while a couple years ago but i forgot almost everything i learned about Tshock. i assume its still a must for public servers :P
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 07-31-2019 at 08:19 PM.

NWOrpheus

Not sure if it'll be the final patch, but the final major content patch, yes, that much has been confirmed. RE-Logic is allegedly starting a new project, but mum's the word on what it is.

To be honest, after the snarky comments made by some of their team, I'll probably avoid them for a while, regardless of what it is.

+ Reply to Thread